Chapter 1: Prologe

I am Peyton Grimes my husband is Rick Grimes and my son is Carl Grimes. I was waiting outside the school waiting to collect Carl when I heard a siren knowing it could be Rick or Shane I turned around and saw Shane with his head down. I walked closer "God no please tell me he is not dead" I sobbed he shock his head "No he was just shot and in a coma" he said I sobbed and nodded "Do you need help telling Carl" he asked I shock my head. Shane had this weird crush on me and Rick knew about it but I told him I only loved Rick and only him. Once I saw Carl he came running "Hey Mum" he said "Hey baby" I said hugging him "Mum what's wrong" he saw my tear struck face "Baby Dad was shot on a job but he will pull through do you know why" I said he was crying he shock his head and I pulled him into a hug "It's because he has us and he would never leave us" I said he nodded and we went to visit him "I know you can't hear me but I love you so much Rick please come back to us" I kissed him on the lips and left with Carl. I was sitting with Carl when Shane ran in and turned the news on which was explaining about people eating each other and showed us videos of it "Pack what you can" he said I ran to my room changed my outfit grabbed my weapons and pack some clothes for me and Carl an Rick because we have to get him right? I packed food and other survival items. We were on the highway "Wheres Rick" I said panicking "He's dead I'm sorry" Shane said and I sobbed he went to hug me and I pushed him away and went to Carl who was with a little girl "Hello my name is Peyton and I can see you have met my son Carl" I said smiling she grinned and said "Hello I'm Sophia and this is my mummy" The woman looked up smiling "Hello I'm Carol and my husband Ed is over there" she said I smiled and we met Amy, Andrea, Dale, Daryl, Merle, Jacqui, Glenn and another family. After a while I said "Maybe we should find somewhere to camp and stay safe" everyone nodded so I grabbed Carl and we left with Shane. We arrived at our new campsite and I set up mine and Carls tent with the help of Glenn and Daryl "Thank you" I said they nodded I put mine and Carls stuff in our tent and we sat around the fire eating food that Daryl and Merle politely got for us and we shared our stories "Mum I'm tired" Carl said "Okay baby let's go to sleep" I said and we went to our tent and fell asleep.

Ricks POV:
I woke up in the hospital feeling much better but the lights was off I looked to the side and saw the flowers that Shane had brought in. I got off of the bed and started to walk I needed to get back home to my wife and son I miss them like crazy. I start to walk around the corridors and see blood all on the floor and walls 'What happened' I thought to myself. I looked at a door that says Dead Inside Don't Open I walked closer to the door and it started to rattle and I saw hands that were rotting off and had long nails. I walked towards an emergency exit and left it took a while for my eyes to adjust to the light but when it did I saw bodies all over the floor with head wounds as if someone had shot them. I walked up the hill and saw a bike I used it and rode home. I saw a body on the floor close to my house I looked and it was crawling towards me and it was half of her body. As soon as I reached my house I ran into it "Peyton, Carl" I shouted I ran to mine and Peytons room and saw mine and her clothes gone I ran to Carls room and saw his clothes go to. Once I had changed into my sheriff uniform I ran outside and was hit with a shovel "Dad I hit it Dad" a boy shouted "Carl" I mumbled "Did it speak Duane you know they don't speak" a man said and I drifted into darkness". When I awoke I was tied to a bed I looked to my right and saw a man "Were you bit" he said "What no I was shot on duty I'm a sheriff" I replied "Okay well I redressed it do you have any Idea what is going on here" he asked I shock my head "Well the dead is walking they are eating people alive we call them Walkers the only way to kill them is a shot to the head or just crushing the skull" he did I nodded and went back to sleep hoping my wife and son are safe. The next day Morgan was teaching me how to kill a walker we walked out the house and saw one start to approach is so I gripped the bat and started to whack the head of the walker. Once I knew the walker was gone I turned around "Maybe we can go to my police station and see if the showers work and so that I can get my guns and start searching for my family" I say they nod and we leave for the station. When we arrive we cheek the showers which work so we all have a shower and laugh around, once we are done I grab a bag and fill it with guns and ammo and we leave the station "So are you sure you don't want to come with me" I ask them "No Rick I have my son and you have your son and wife to look for good luck my friend I hope you find them and survive" he says I bring him into a hug "I hope you survive to my friend take this and I will contact you my whereabouts when I find my family" I say he nods and I get into my car and we leave each other. After a while I ran out of gas I pull my sun screen mirror down and see a picture of myself, Peyton and Carl, my god is Peyton beautiful I miss her like crazy I will find her and my son I swear to it. I grab my picture and bag and leave the car in search of some other way of transport. After a while I come across a house and I walk inside as I need some supplies and to check if there are any thing else I could use. I walk I to the living room and see a couple laying there holding hands who have shot themselves I then look out the window and see a horse I smile and get on it and start my journey to Atlanta.