Supernatural Special Team - Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

   The house where I live is in the Gothic style. Even during the day seems a bit bleak. It may be cliché, but I have a cemetery and crows. People avoid this place for obvious reasons. I like this because I provide peace of mind. Futhermore, I can work without bothering me some idiots. What I work? Many things. But mostly I deal with detective work, but with occultism and antiques of all kinds too. I am a person with diverse interests. I do not accept cases which crossed my path with that of SST. And if you care… I don’t do it for money. It’s actually pretty fun. I can kiss as much as I want and nobody will judge me. Because my victims are geeks and monsters.

     A day or rather night, I sat in my office. I review documents. Most cases was sending by the police stations. They said that SST are busy. In a sense, I steal their cases just below their nose. Anyway. During my review of the dossier in a case hase been closed, my butler – Simmons, came into office with a tray on which there was a cup of coffee. Oh yeah! I can drink coffee. Over time, vampires learn how to deal with such minor things. I got coffee and partook of it.

-Wonderful… as always. – I rare compliment, but my butler deserve them completely.

-Thanks!

     Then I heard steps well before the bell on the door announced the presence of an unexpected guest. Simmons went to open it. It turned out that I have a potential client who comes to me personally instead of going to the police. Vampire hearing is unique and quite useful. My butler invited her.

     Through the door came a small woman about 30 years. She was beauty. There are beautiful black hair and nice green eyes. There was a sport figure, which shows that she is  often practiced. She was wearing a plain silk shirt and black skirt to the knees. She was worried by something, but is was not me. I want to say that I am not the reason that she was worry. I invited her to sit down opposite me.

-How can I hepl you, Miss…?

-Summers. Peyton Summers. – She got up and handed me her hand.

     Interesting. Usually people are embarrassed to do such a thing. For this I took her hand then re-settled.

-Well, Miss Summers? How can I help you?

-Well, I… I have a problem.

-I am sure you it is.

     She looked at me in astonishment.

-Let us be clear. People do not seek my help just like that. But please… Speak calmly.

     She told me about her problems. Or more accurately about her problems. In the beginning she told me that her younger sister Amber ran away from home. The girl was only 17 years old. Peyton said that she did not know the reason for her escape. Hypocrite. She knew exactly why the girl escaped. Now I knew too, because I sneak into the mind of the woman.another problem is that for some time now the place where she lives is attaced by ‘strange’ beings. All horses were owned by the family were torn apart.

     I watching the woman. She has a secret. Dark secret. While I already know it.

-Is that all, Miss?

-Yes.

-You can go to the police. Or SST.

-SST?

-Supernatural Special Team. Why not go there?

-Well, I…

-Excuses are useless. Do you thing that you can hide something from a vampire?

     I looked at her so that she could tell what I mean. Her secret was revealed. I might be a monster, but its so-called secret made me maddening. Later I will explain about it. I told her that I will discuss her case at least with regard to the monsters. And as for little Amber… I will find her just to know that she is well. I had no intention to return her to her ‘home’.

     The butler send my client. During this time I picked up the telephone and called the only cop who I respected. It was a detective Grace Miles. She is 52 years old but she was youthful and one would hardly believe that she passes 50 years. I know her from long time. I think it will become… how… 35 years old? Yes… She was almost child when I met her. There were serious problems in her family and she had escaped. I remember the night when I saw her for the first time. Someone beat her and left her in a dirty street. I was in mood to help this unfortunate creature. Yes… Touchung story.

     The phone rang several times before I hear the familiar friendly voice.

-Hello?

-Grace…

-Jess? Is that you?

-Who else?

-It took a long time. I thought you forgot me.

-I couldn’t. I’m just busy.

-The detective work, right?

-You are heard about it. Anyway. Can I see you? Soon if this is possible.

-When and where? – She asked without hesitation.

-You choose.

     Such details bores me. But not her. She chose a small café in one of the common areas. The time was 10:00 AM. I agreed and hung up the phone. I leaned back and closed my eyes. Yes… This case seems to be quite… interesting.