Eighteen|Frank's A Liar And Ray Is Rather Fangy

It took a few moments for Gerard to speak, staring at the cross, before lowering his eyes to the mound. "I...I don't understand..." He stuttered out, finally looking up at Frank, who had turned away from him, hair plastered to his scalp and hiding his face.

"C'mon, Gerard...don't make me say it..."

In a split second, the elder had grabbed Frank's shoulders, forcing him to look up, forcing him to meet his eyes, and Gerard was shaking so much that he was making Frank shake too, his grip biting into his skin.

"Just say it. Tell me. I don't get it, Frank - tell me what's going on."

"I can't -"

"Frank -"

"No -"

"Tell me -"

"He's fucking dead, okay?!"

Gerard released the shorter male as if his clothing was corrosive, rubbing his hands together and stepping back. He shook his head, trembling all over, and his gaze returned to the mound and the cross, his eyes watering. It may have been raining, but even Frank could tell that what was running down Gerard's porcelain skin was not precipitation.

"You're lying." He choked out, closing his eyes. "You just - you j-just lie about everything -"

"Do you want me to dig up the body?! Because he's under there Gerard, he has been for some time!" Frank spat, frustrated even though he had no right to be.

"Stop it! Stop it you're lying!" He looked up and saw Frank staring at him with a mixture of impatience and regret on his face. "Wait..." He whispered, realisation hitting him like a bucket of icy water. "No."

The younger's eyebrows drew together. "What?"

"You didn't."

"Didn't what?"

"It was my brother you killed?!" Frank fell silent. "Jesus Christ Iero, out of all the people in the world - why the fuck would you do that?! You can't just - don't just - can't go around killing people just because you feel like it! That's - that's just - he was my brother!" At that, Gerard broke down into terrible sobs, as if his body couldn't fight it any longer. "I n-never got to say goodbye...you monster!" He screamed at Frank, who barely flinched. "Just - just fuck off, I never want to see you again! I hope the zombies get you!"

"You're her little pet, Iero, that's what you are!"

Clenching his jaw, Frank turned around and stormed back down the hill, rain pelting his back. He didn't look at Gerard, not even once, not even when he was at the bottom. That was it. Gerard hated him now.

And for good reason.

~

"I want to leave," Mikey said quietly, thinking that it was Lindsey behind him and not Frank, who stood a few meters behind the younger Way brother. "I don't feel safe here."

"How can you not feel safe here? This is the safest place I know!"

At Frank's voice, Mikey turned around, tearing his gaze from the raging river below. There was a backpack at his feet, and he glanced over to the small factory-type building at the base of the hill. Lindsey was in there, along with other survivors, people who had no idea what she was capable of. People who had no idea what she'd do to them. The things he'd seen, he desperately wished he could unsee.