Twenty|Who Will Remember Your Last Goodbye?

Gerard had made a decision. As stupid as it was, he didn't want to hate Frank anymore. Not without some sort of explanation. Of course, he'd killed his brother, but still...could've been an accident, right? And at least he'd had the decency to bury him...right?

He shook his head, reaching the bottom of the hill. He made his way over to the car, in which Ray and Bert sat, the latter fast asleep and the former staring at Bert with bloodthirst in his eyes. Gerard sighed and opened the door (which made Ray jump), shaking Bert awake.

"What, what now? First decent nap in months and -" he rubbed his eyes, looking up at Gerard. "Oh hey, Gee. What's up?"

"Probably not a good idea to fall asleep with a vampire in the backseat, is it, hm?" He replied, and Bert glanced behind him in surprise.

"I'm not a vampire." Ray protested. "I still have a conscience."

"You're a creepy shit, 's what you are." Bert turned back to Gee. "Yeah, what's -"

"Have you seen Frank?"

Ray answered for him. "Went inside." He jerked his thumb towards the factory building, in which Frank and Lindsey were fighting. "Lindsey found him."

Without another word said, Gerard grabbed the samurai sword from the dash and hurried towards the building, slamming open doors and ignoring the calls of his name from behind him. He shouted Frank's name as he ran down the seemingly endless corridors, opening door after door, finally reaching the lab. He tried to get in but it was locked, steel doors blocking his way, and barging his shoulder against it wasn't going to make a difference - he was pretty sure it was bruising already. So he settled for yelling for Frank, who had to be inside.

And sure enough, there was the click of a lock, and one of the doors opened, revealing a bloodstained Frank and an unconscious, if not dead, Lindsey.

~

Ryan was crying. Again.

He was kind of sick of crying, but it wasn't as if he could help it. He didn't feel alive anymore. Ever since the virus had attacked him and he'd drank some of the serum he'd been in the middle of testing, he'd felt like a ghost. Maybe he was a ghost. That would be nice. Different. Quiet.

Zombie-Brendon was staring at him through the bars of its cage, groaning quietly as he got closer and closer. There was only one way he could test his ghostliness. There was only one way that he could test whether he was really alive or not.

He unlocked the cage and stepped in, holding his mangled, unbandaged hand out in some sort of warning. Stay back. The zombie didn't move, just dumbly watched Ryan circle it. Ryan smiled, wrapping his arms around the zombie, imagining its rotten flesh as Brendon's soft, clear skin, and he closed his eyes.

"I love you," he whispered, as the zombie sunk its teeth into his neck.

It was a zombie, it didn't know any better. There was no bringing Brendon back. He'd just have to live - or die - with that fact.

~

"What's happened?" Gerard asked, looking between Frank and Lindsey, who was groaning weakly with a knife in her stomach.

"She attacked me. I fought back." He shrugged, before going over and kicking her in the face, breaking her nose. Blood gushed from the area, and he pulled the knife from her stomach, holding a hand out for Gerard to give him the sword.

"You're gonna kill her?"

"She deserves it."

"What, like Mikey?"