Chapter 4

Chapter 4

--------------------

Habaek's POV

"Why am I here, Tae El Jin?" I slowly raised myself off of the bed into a sitting position and rubbed at my heavy eyelids. The last thing I remembered was extreme heat and a voice calling my name. I looked down at myself and realized that I had already transformed.

"You should thank your cute bride. She carried you all the way to my clinic when you fainted during the heat wave." Tae El Jin explained to me as he was pouring himself a cup of tea.

"Soah?!" I exclaimed. I didn't think she had the capacity to do that. I can just imagine her giving my day form a quick glance and walk away as if it was none of her business.

"By the way," Tae El Jin turned to look at me. "Have you told her of your form at night yet? Why are you hiding it?"

"I'm not hiding it on purpose," I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "I just never got a chance to tell her. When the opportunity comes I'll do it."

I waved goodbye to him and jumped out of the window, making my way to Soah's room.

She should be sleeping by now

As I jumped onto the balcony of her room, I looked into bright, wide eyes staring straight at me.

Not good!

--------------------

"Excuse me," I began,"but... what are you doing here?"

I observed the nervous looking young man on the balcony. He looked like he was deep in thought and ready to escape.

"Mr. Intruder." I ended.

He flinched at the sudden nickname I gave him and sighed. Seeming as if he had no choice, he met my gaze and responded.

"Sorry," he said. "I'm..." He hesitated for a moment. "I'm Habaek's older cousin."

I narrowed my eyes at such a suspicious statement, but I chose to think nothing more of it. My eyes carefully studied the stranger and noticed that he was extremely handsome, beautiful even. He was tall and slender with an angular face, and yet he also was well built. His long eyelashes framed his dark eyes that stared at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Well I suppose that it's a pleasure to meet you," I said. "Will you tell me your name?"

I could see a dragon tattoo peeking out of his robes.

"I call myself Mui." He stated and looked at me curiously.

"That's a nice name," I mused, smiling to myself. When I saw him staring at me intently, I quickly dropped it.

"Hey," he started. "I was just wondering... why haven't you tried to escape yet? Don't you hate Habaek? You probably could've figured out a way to not be sacrificed."

"Well, for starters," I laughed softly. "I have no idea how to get out of this place. I would probably get lost the minute I tried."

I rested my back against a pillar and looked up at the bright moon.

"Secondly, I have no family to return to." I counted on my fingers. "And also... I don't hate Habaek at all. He may be a bit moody sometimes, but he hasn't done anything to make me despise him. Sometimes he can be kind of cute." I let myself giggle a little bit.

He had a surprised expression on his face after hearing my little confession, and then he smiled at me. He turned around and began to say something.

"You finally showed me your feelings," he said. "You should smile more."

"What?" I asked, confused. He jumped off the ledge of the balcony, disappearing into the darkness.

--------------------