Back to reality... (Chapter 76)

This is in Matt's perspective...

I was ready to go back to work honestly. I didn't want to leave Gabby, but I knew I had to. I needed to go back to work. I would be fine and I knew that it would feel great to get back tint the swing of things. I parked outside of the firehouse and walked into the kitchen. Everyone cheered " Lieutenant!!" I looked at everyone as they cheered " Thanks guys.." Hermann looked at me " so does that means my job is done here.." I laughed " yeah.. Hermann! Thanks for filling in for me!" He nodded " no problem.." I walked to my office and of course I was pilled with paper work. At least I was back here now. 

Just as I was getting through the paperwork the bells go off, "Ambulance 61, Truck 81, Squad 3, Battalion 25, Car accident, 4448 Kenton Avenue.." We were off like that. I was back at it now. We arrived at the scene. I ran to the car with Otis, Cruz, and hermann following me. I looked in a window and see a woman pinned in. I looked in " she's unconscious.." Hermann looks into the back windows " oh god.." I looked at him " what.." Hermann looks at me " she's got two kids back here.." Severide came over " Were gonna have to take the back window off..." I looked at him " ok lets do it.." We got the window off and I met the eyes of the little girl. She look a couple years old than my daughters. She looked at me " hows my mommy?" I looked at her " she's going to be okay.. what's your name?" She looked at me " Mandy!!" I looked at her " okay... Mandy! I'm going to get you and your brother out of here.." She looked at me " That's Jackson.." Everyone got out safely and we started to load them into the ambulances. Just as we were leading the little girl, she grabbed my hand. I squeezed her hand " It's okay.. you know I have two little girls that are just a little younger than you.. If they were here I would want them to be brave too. Your gonna be just fine." The ambulance took off and I went back to the truck. 

The next morning...

I got home and went upstairs to our bedroom. Gabby was in bed feeding Andrew. I walked in and kissed her " hey baby!" She smiled " hey... how was shift?" He looked it me " it was okay.." She looked at me as I started to undress and get into bed. 

That's it for this chapter! Let me know what you think. I've been having a lot of fun writing this story. Let me know what you want/ think/ or would like to see this story go. You all have great ideas that I always love hearing. 

Thanks for reading