When the Music Stops...

A/N: Alright, here's another update for you guys! Beware that there will be mentions of animal attacks and some gory details and such, if it makes you squeamish and such, just skip it, okay?

Otherwise, enjoy! :)

**

He was running deep into the forest. The sound of his heart beating strongly in his chest as he ran faster, over bushes and fallen wood. Someone was chasing him... Something was out there.

He could feel it getting closer and closer. He stopped to hide behind a tree but it was too late. The Alpha was already here, waiting and sniffing him out like prey.

When he tried to sneak a peek, red eyes met his brown ones and he knew that he won't be surviving the night.

**

Stiles woke up screaming his lungs out; like he was getting clawed on the chest as he scrambled for safety.

"STILES! Hey... Hey... It's okay... Shhhh..." Strong arms held him from behind, a warm presence that gives him calmness until he was a whimpering mess.

"Everything's gonna be alright... It was just a dream, baby..." Derek whispered as the Alpha's voice slowly lulled him back to sleep.

**

The next morning, Stiles wakes up to the scent of freshly made coffee and breakfast that consisted of pancakes, bacon and eggs right on his bedside table.

He smiled as he reached for the note that says, "I love you, beautiful. -D."

He got up and placed the tray on the coffee table by the window.

He sent a quick text to Derek before digging in to his breakfast.

To Derek: Thank you, Alpha. Always taking care of me. I love you :*

He instantly got a reply that says, "Anything for my beautiful Omega. Kids are at school. On my way home to you :)"

He set aside his phone and finished his breakfast before taking the tray downstairs.

He could hear Boyd and surprisingly, Scott's voice in the living room fighting over which Marvel character should Hollywood make a movie next.

"Dude, I thought you were at work." Stiles said before hugging Scott tightly.

"I just wanted to check up on you before I go... Allison told me but I couldn't get away from my job the past couple of days..." Scott said, his face marred with tiredness.

"What's wrong? Did something happen at the clinic?" Stiles asked worriedly as they all sat back down.

Scott glanced at Boyd and then back at Stiles before saying, "We've been getting reports of animal attacks for the past week. But it's not just people though... I found seven mutilated bodies of several animals when the Sheriff's department asked for my  help. Seven, Stiles..."

Cold sweat ran down Stiles' spine as he tried to stop his head from imagining those poor animals.

"That's just the gist of it... those animals weren't killed for prey, they were killed for sport. Like something was just letting out some anger or frustration." Scott explained with a pained look on his face but when he was  about to say something, his phone rang.

He fished it out and said, "It's from Deaton. I need to get back to work. I'll see you when I can, okay?"

**

Derek came home a couple of minutes after Scott went to work. Stiles was back in their room while Boyd changed into his wolf form and scouted the perimeter around the house.

Derek stopped mid-way on the steps of their home when he felt someone watching him. He glanced back at the woods and knew that it wasn't Boyd. He knew Boyd's heartbeat and this wasn't one of his Beta's.

His eyes flashed red as he  scanned the outside perimeter of the woods and he couldn't sense any heat or such. He growled and let out a loud roar, loud enough that Boyd came running back to the house, the windows shook at the intensity and Stiles came running down the stairs.

The threat was no more. He couldn't feel it's presence anymore.

"I'm going to find you." Derek spoke as he stared into the distance.

**

TO be continued...

Next update will be after the new episode on Moonday :)