Chapter 7

Chapter 7

**WARNING: this story is PG-13 for a reason. Probably your last warning, just saying**

Niall's heart was beating out of his chest. That kiss was like none he had ever experienced. Before now, he hadn't believed in all that romantic talk about "sparks flying" when a person kissed the right partner.

When his lips latched onto Zayn's, though, he felt like he had a sparkler held in his mouth, tiny flames tickling and licking gently at the soft flesh.

It was so wrong, kissing a man who had only minutes ago killed yet another of his friends, but with Zayn and himself melting into one, all those thoughts had disappeared from his mind. All that mattered at that moment was Zayn.

"...that's what I thought," Zayn mumbled under his breath. Niall was sure he wasn't meant to hear the words and he had no idea what they could mean.

After that amazing kiss, Zayn was truly conflicted. He wanted to prove to himself and to others that he was, in fact, capable of love. The butterflies fluttering like mad in his stomach only intensified that desire. He wanted someone to hold close to his chest as he dozed off to sleep each night. He wanted someone to kiss when he was feeling stressed. He wanted someone's hand to hold, someone he could whisper sweet nothings to, just to see him smile. Most of all, he wanted someone to take him away from all this. The killing, the violence, just everything about this life he had been forced to live for the past year and a half. Someone like Niall.

Unfortunately, he knew it wasn't that easy. He had been given a job by BB, and that job was to kill Niall, not fall in love with him. If he disobeyed the boss's orders, he probably wouldn't live long enough to experience what love felt like. The original threat to kill Zayn's family still loomed like a storm cloud over his head. He wouldn't mind so much if he died, but his family being murdered because of him-- that was something he didn't think he could live with.

Zayn ran his fingers through his already tousled hair, messing it further. A loud sigh escaped his slightly pouted lips, and when he turned to face Niall again, his eyes were hard as stone. Old Zayn was back.

"This changes nothing," he growled.

Niall nodded shakily. There was no point in disagreeing. What had he thought, that just like that, Zayn would have a change of heart? No, the older boy was a killer. He murdered mercilessly, and Niall doubted he had a heart at all. The kiss had been experimental, and Zayn had obviously felt nothing. He thought about attempting to run for it again, but with Zayn looking like he wanted to kill someone-- literally-- he decided against it.

"W-what are you going to do to me?" he stuttered out quietly, his voice barely audible even in the silent house.

"What am I going to do to you?" Zayn repeated, his voice hard, but not harsh. He sighed as if he was bored before answering. "I'm going to kill you, Blondie."

Niall gulped and his eyes widened. "Just get it over with," he pleaded in a whisper. "Please, just do it quick."

Zayn chuckled darkly. "Oh, not yet, Silly. Our fun together has just begun!"

"Well what are you doing to me right now?" Niall asked more confidently. He was slowly backing away from Zayn. His foot caught slightly on an antique-looking rug below his feet and he stumbled backwards before quickly regaining his balance and looking back up at Zayn expectantly.

"You see, Blondie, I'm still a young man and I have my-- needs," Zayn said as he stepped closer to Niall and reached his arms out to the younger boy. "And I don't get many visitors around here. Now that you're here, though, I can finally have some fun, like I told you before."