Epilogue

Epilogue

Niall awoke drenched in a thin layer of sweat. The sheets surrounding him were tangled and slack with moisture. A massive migraine pounded at his temples, causing him to clench his eyes closed in immense pain in the dark room. Next to him, a body began to stir.

“Babe? Baby, what’s wrong?” a thickly accented voice made gravelly from sleep asked in a slow drawl. The owner of the rich voice was obviously in that barely-awake phase where comprehension was nearly impossible.

“N-nothing, love. Go back to sleep. Just a bad dream ‘s all,” Niall shushed softly before going to lie back down. His head had just barely hit the plush pillow beneath him when a warm, heavy weight squished him into the mattress, halfway smothering him, but in a nice way. A way that showed how much his lover cared for him.

“Tell me,” the dark-haired boy breathed, pressing a quick kiss to the corner of Niall’s mouth in a way he knew would make the blonde lad giggle quietly.

“Well, I had this dream. Nightmare, really. And it just—it seemed so real. You were there, and…and Haz and Lou, and Liam, he was there. Even Andy, Joey, and Josh. Oh! And Simon, but I’ll get to that.” Niall rushed out, barely taking a breath between words.

“Mhmmm,” Zayn hummed, kissing up Niall’s bare throat all the way across his jaw, and to his ear, where he nibbled a bit before burrowing his face into his boyfriend’s soft locks.

Niall was caught off-guard by the affection and stopped mid-story to let out a little moan as he stretched a bit to give Zayn better access. The disturbing dream was still nagging at the back of his head, but his boyfriend had always had this amazing knack for distracting him in the most delicious of ways.

“Continue,” Zayn said, the words being slightly muffled by the strands of blonde hair getting caught on his lips as he spoke.

“Wha—oh, right!” Niall said, snapping himself out of his blissed-out state rather quickly, if he did say so himself. “So it was really weird. You were a psycho killer…” Niall began rambling out the details of what he’d seen in his dream as Zayn listened attentively. Well, as attentively as one could while blindly groping and kissing at his boyfriend’s exposed skin.

“…and then at the end, I don’t know, it was super strange. We were just at this little shop picking up more food and then Li, Lou, and Haz showed up again and then there was a shoot-out, though I’m not sure where you got your gun from,” Niall rambled quickly. The confused look on his face as he tried to make sense of all the happenings was possibly the most adorable thing Zayn had ever seen. “Anyway,” he continued after a brief pause, “there was this shoot-out and you—you shot Liam dead and then I started feeling a bit out of sorts… ya know, blood and all,” Niall said rather sheepishly. “I didn’t see what happened, really, because I was nearly blacked out, but once all the shooting stopped, everything was, like, eerily quiet for a couple seconds and I thought somehow you’d all managed to get yourselves killed. But then you came and you, you touched me and caressed me, and kissed me and I felt like just maybe everything would be okay, even though you’d just killed my three very best mates again. It felt so real, Zayn,” Niall finished, burying his head into Zayn’s toned chest.

“Shhh, love. It’s all gonna be fine,” Zayn shushed him, pressing a kiss to the top of the blonde’s head. Niall seemed to relax greatly at the touch so the elder lad continued to shower the younger in sweet little kisses. “What can I do?” Zayn murmured against Niall’s skin.

“I’m scared to close my eyes again,” Niall confessed with a slight whimper. Even with his boyfriend’s arms wrapped securely around him, he couldn’t shake the continuous nervous tremble wracking up and down his spine in waves.