04

"Did you see his face?!"

"What do you think happened this time?"

"Even though he has bruises on his face, he still looks fucking hot!"

"Oh man! My brother saw him fight. Apparently he smashed the others guys up!"

This is all I heard the next day at school. On my way to maths the same question remained in the back of my mind.

Who were they talking about?

I'm so deep in thought I don't notice someone walking towards me, till I bump into them.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Please excuse me,I'm new here and I'm trying to find English." a string of apologies rushes out his mouth.

"Dude it's fine. I was the one who wasn't watching where I was going. I'm Frank by the way."

"I'm Patrick, Patrick Stump. I just moved here from Illinois. Do you by chance know where Mr. Urie's classroom is."

"Oh yeah. I have him Second period he's really cool and laid back. But his classroom is down the hall second door on your left R107." I grinned.

"Thanks man."

"No problem.'' and with that he rushes down the hall and turns left just like I told him.

I walked into the classroom and came to standstill when I saw the person sitting next to my seat. He had on the same hoodie, though now the one bruise he had on my first day was accompanied by several others and band aid on the left corner of his forehead.

My lips parted and I frowned in confusion and.... worry? Why hadn't Mikey said anything about his brother's state? He seemed all that worried or different at school.

As if he could feel my presence, he turned his head away from the window and looked at me with odd eyes and that familiar expressionless face.

We stared at each other for a few seconds, my green eyes on his bright hazel ones before I looked down and slowly made my way to my seat. Other students started entering the room from behind me.

I chewed on my lip ring and slipped into my seat, next to his larger form.

Judging from his bruises and things I heard this morning, I knew the talk in the corridors were related to him.

I could hear the light buzz of whispers as some of the students kept stealing looks at us. I scowled at a particular girl who LOVED to gossip, when she stared at Gerard. She immediately snapped her head away and whispered something to her ditsy friend. I rolled my eyes when her friend looked over at us- at me I should say- then leant closer to the gossip lover to give her some feedback.

Who cares what they think or say? Actually it is getting annoying to hear all these false rumors.

Mr. Sawyer clapped his hands once loudly to get our attention "Alright guys, settle down." His eyes roamed around the room before they came to a stop on Gerard with a frown. From the corner of my eye, I saw Gerard tense up before calming down when Mr. Sawyer looked away."Err..." He cleared his throat "I'm not going to ask too much from you this lesson . All I want you do is read chapter 12 the answer the questions.Easy?" Off you go now. I want it all done before the bell rings or you're staying back."He warned, and received some groans around the class.

I opened my text book to start reading when I saw Mr.Sawyer trying to get my attention.

I raised my eyebrows in questions.

He pointed to Gerard then at my book and wrote on the board 'Notes'. I stared at the word for a couple of seconds before I nodded my head at him, telling him that I understood what he was saying.