Chapter Thirteen: Monster Therapy and awkward silence

Me and Devin went running to his car as kami yelled at us. "That's fine just leave, I'll be waiting." She glared from the open door way of Devin's house. After both me and Devin sobered up from laughing we drove off. Devin turned into the corner stores parking lot.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." He said jumping out of the car. I messed with the radio trying to find some good songs. I couldn't settle on a station so I just put on one of the remix stations, where all they play is remixes of old songs. I could deal with that. After a few minutes Devin came back with four monster energy drinks.

I smiled as he drove off. See back then when before all this crap happened with our lives, Devin got me addicted to the monster energy drink. Sad I know, but I seriously couldn't go a couple days without one. Devin started to drive out of town and towards all the woods and open area.

The radio started to become jumbled and we were both left in an awkward silence. Lovely. Just my luck. I started to think back of a week ago, before the car accident, when frank was asking me about Devin and my feelings. I couldn't possibly feel more for him then I already do. I mean we're just friends right. I looked over to Devin as he felt my gaze upon him, he flashed me his life changing smile, Literally, girls panties drop when he smiles at them. Truly funny. I couldn't stand the silence anymore so I finally spoke up.

"So..." I trailed off. stupid, stupid, stupid...

"So.." God this is so awkward. why is this awkward, it should be everything but awkward. Stupid teenage awkwardness. curse you.

Devin parked in front of a big wall of bushes and trees, I turned to give him a look but he was already out of the car with the monsters. I followed him into the wall of trees and bushes. I will be most defiantly breaking out from it. I'm literally allergic to nature. I love it. Note my sarcasm. We walked into this path, as expected my skin started breaking out from all the natural. curse you nature.

Devi handed me a monster as I quickly opened it and took a sip from it. ahh the joy of the energy drink. Devin pushed aside some branches and revealed what he was taking us too. It was so breath taking. It was a view of the town. It might have been a crappy town, but this sure was a beautiful view. When did he find this?

"I found this place when you left town, it took me a couple hours to find it because I didn't have a car back then, but once I found it, its been my thinking place ever since." Devin Said, reading my thoughts as we both sat down on the edge of the cliff.  

"Its so beautiful." I stated as I scratched my arm, I looked down and already saw the hives appearing. I looked over to Devin who was currently looking out at the town. I covered my arm up with my long sleeve and chuckled nervously. God this is going to kill me, I rubbed my shirt against my itchy skin.

"Here" Devin said handing me a tube of some sort. "Never quite did grow out of that allergy, huh?" Devin chuckled as I gratefully took the tube from him. I put my monster can in between my legs and started putting on the ointment.

"Yeah, sadly." Why were we so awkward. God I'm never this awkward. I finished putting on the ointment as I felt something poking me in my sweatshirt pocket. I took it out, it was the letter my mom wrote me. I had put it in here earlier, wondering if I should show it to Devin's parents. I never got a chance to.

"What's that?" Devin asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, its nothing, just a letter my mom wrote to me." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I doubt it's nothing." Devin said as he caught my gaze, he had a hold on me, it was hard to look away, curse his bad boy charms. I started to itch my other arm. Fucking nature. I finally looked away and applied more ointment on my arm. "Does it have a clue about finding her killers?" Devin asked as I swung my head up.