Chapter seven: Hidden Rooms and Dancing

Chapter seven

I was currently in the back of the library. Why? Couldn't tell you. This wasn't like most libraries, I found this Place in the back of a hallway, It was locked but I picked the lock with a tension wrench and a metal pick. The lights weren't on now did it work, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a skeleton of a librarian here. I was currently looking at the old books on the dirty shelf.  Such a shame that the school abandoned this place.

"Hey stranger." I heard someone whisper into my ear, tickling it a little bit.

"Don't do that. You scared me." I said looking up at who the culprit was. It was Devin, He looked cute today, I think he was running late today, in the morning, Because he wasn't up when I left. His hair was all messy and he was wearing his converse with a simple black shirt and jeans. God that's cute.  

"I followed you in here, Why aren't you in class?" He questioned me as we both sat against the wall the furthest away from the doors. I felt Devin's gaze on me, but I ignored it because I was too busy looking around the room, examining the posters that are slowly falling off the wall, the paint cracking on the ceiling and wall. I could do so much with this if I had a chance. "Alex??" Devin asked, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Shhh, Just look at what potential this library could have," I paused laying my head on his shoulder. He looked down at me and smiled, I looked up him and gave him a look. "Stop looking at me, Look at the surrounding, the library we have now is so stupid, It has no originality to it." I said as I looked back at him to see him looking around at the surroundings.

"Maybe you could talk to he principle and see what you could do to it. Have you figured out what you want to do after you graduate?" Devin asked as I shifted my legs. Part of me wanted me to tell him what happen over the years that I was gone. Part of me told me to shut my mouth and not say anything.

"Not really, I was thinking of staying here for a little while." I said not telling the whole truth. I know once I graduate, My dad wants to put me on missions and take me all over the world. I rather not, I don't know maybe I could get a team together and solve murders or something, as cliché as it sounds, that's what I want to do.

"And what does your dad say about that?" Devin asked as I stood up to look at the old books and started dusting them off.

"I haven't told him yet. In my heart, I know he wouldn't like that idea, But I just don't know what I want to do." Half of that was a lie. "What about you?" I asked as I found the book How to kill a mockingbird. That was a good book.

"I don't know yet, funny isn't it?" He chuckled, shaking his head. looking down at his feet. "What's funny?" I questioned him.

"We're both seniors, and still don't know what to do when we graduate. Remember in Eighth grade, we hung out that one day and we were talking about what we wanted to be when we grow up, and we couldn't think of anything so we chose each others careers?" He asked as I laughed at that. I remember that day.  Devin had gotten grounded for something he did at school and he snuck out of his house because he was bored.

"Very much," I said laughing along with him. "What you were a Wrestler and I was a-?" I asked not remembering what he named me.

"A striper." Devin said, losing it and laughing out loud. He looked so happy. He really should laugh more, he's cute when he does it. I slid down, against one of the bookshelves I was in between.

"You should laugh more, You look happy. Instead of putting on this fake Bad boy act." I said as Devin looked at me and smiled. "I could say the same about you." He said as I shrugged. "Hey Kevin is having a party today, Do you want to come?" Devin asked me as he picked his backpack up and put it back on his back.