Mistletoes and Kisses (P1)

Before I begin, a massive thanks to @rubies_gems for dedicating much of her time to this story! And 660 reads?! I feel like I'm going to faint. Totally basking all the love ;) ! Secondly, all directioners, please read Unrequited Love! And thirdly, so sorry for not updating, and enjoy this chapter!

"IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE! STACY GET UP!" Kathy shrieked as she shook her friend violently, ignoring the thunderous glares Chloe was sending her.

She and Stacy had made up a while after the fight. Chloe, on the other had, refused to even spare a glance at Kathy, and anyone who spoke to her, despite all of Kathy's attempts to make amends. Poor Stacy was now stuck between the two girls, much to Kathy's disdain. Nothing to dampen her spirit and enthusiasm on this festive day. 

Stacy let out a groan as she muttered a few choice words at Kathy, who merely rolled her eyes. Her eyes sparkled suddenly, as she smirked mischievously. If there was anyone who could wake Stacy up, it was Jim. 

                                                                                 ************

Remember when Kathy said that nothing could dampen her spirit and enthusiasm? Well, yeah. She was kinda wrong. 

After waking Jim and Bones up (which took a lot of effort, mind you) and convincing them to help her wake Stacy up, and waking Nyota up; which was a lot easier, the group were making their way towards the dining hall. Mistletoe had been hung at random places, and Kathy had made a mental note to be more alert.

And that's when she saw something; or rather someone; who had the ability to potentially ruin her day.

T'Preth.

She was pressed to Spock's side, who walked as though he owned the damn world, his hands clasped behind his back. Spock said something to her- something obviously laced with dry humor- as T'Preth paused awkwardly for a moment before letting out an evidently fake laugh. Kathy rolled her eyes and tossed her head in the air, pulling up her hood and stuffing her hands in the pockets of her jacket. She heard Jim let out an indignant sound and Bones snicker, making her whirl around to face her two friends.

"What is it?" She snapped at them. Everyone paused and gave her an odd look, wondering why she was so upset.

"You weren't listening to what he said, were you...", Stacy said, smirking, making Kathy give her a sheepish grin.

"Sorry."

Jim rolled his eyes. "I was saying, that it would be fun to try an play matchmaker this Christmas!"

Kathy's eyes twinkled as she tilted her head to the side, pretending to consider it. "Well... I do suppose that would be an excellent idea." Turning to Jim, she continued with a fake accent.

"When do we start?"

Silence.

Kathy let out a huff. "Cavemen y'all are, Ah'ma tellin' ya."

                                                                                ************

Kathy had managed to escape from the mistletoe so far. Classes were over by afternoon (may the gods bless the excited professors), and Kathy had made up her mind. She would play matchmaker. And who was her first victim?

James Tiberius Kirk. 

Kathy giggled to herself as she added the finishing touches to her masterpiece. She knew Jim liked Stacy, and she knew the feelings were mutual. She cleared her throat and took out her comm, immediately calling Stacy.

"Hello?"

"STACY! AH'MA FREAKIN' OUT HE'E! SOME GUY KISSED ME!!!"

Kathy held a snicker as she could literally see Stacy's eyes widen.

"WHAT?! Honey, where are you?"

Kathy quickly told Stacy where she was, and snickered as she cut the call. That was pretty easy. Next: Jim. 

This is going to be a little tricky.

                                                                                ************

Kathy had somehow managed to lure Jim to where she was. Her tactic? Some guy was hitting on her. Jim had been suspicious though. 'Why would this happen on the field, under the pine cone tree?' He'd asked. Kathy resisted the urge to punch him. She quickly made up some excuse, and told Jim to dress nice, and come there to pretend to be her boyfriend so that 'that dick would keep his hands to himself'. That was enough to convince Jim.

Jim was the first to arrive. His eyes narrowed as he looked around in search of Kathy and this guy she spoke of. A few seconds later, Stacy also arrived, stuttering upon seeing Jim.

"J-Jim?"

"The one and only. Wait, what are you doing here?"

That was Kathy's cue. Using the simple, but effective pulley system that she had made, Kathy slowly dropped the mistletoe right above their heads, before tying the rope onto a stone. Stacy was red in the face, while Jim merely smirked.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm going to kill Ka-" Stacy began, only to be cut off by Jim, who pushed her into the tree.

Kathy covered her mouth and she resisted the urge to squeal, as Stacy let out a suprised sound. Jim walked forward and placed his hands by here head, his eyes darting between Stacy's eyes and lips. Stacy licked her lips and opened her mouth to say something, only to be cut off by Jim, who was looking at her with intensity that made Kathy want to 'awww'.

"You talk to much."

That being said, Jim placed one hand on her waist as the other wound itself into her hair. Stacy's hands automatically went around his neck as she played with the tips of his hair.

"You have no idea how much I've wanted to do this", Jim stated, before kissing her ferociously. 

Stacy let out a gasp, making Jim increase the roughness of the kiss, as he pressed himself to her. Kathy looked away after that, gagging a bit, cheeks red as fire. All she could here were... those type of sounds. Kathy let out a sigh, and pulled out the picnic items she'd got, and all but ran over the bridge to the other side of the large pond, quickly placing them there, and running back. 

Much to her surprise, they still weren't done. Panting slightly, she cleared her throat, making the two jump apart. Stacy blushed more and fixed her shirt, her lips swollen and hair messed up. Jim also, seemed to be unusually affected, as he ran a hand through his ruffled hair. His lips to, were swollen. Kathy coughed awkwardly.

"Umm... Jim? You might want to you know... button up your shirt." 

Jim's hands flew up to do the same, and Stacy blushed even more. Kathy grinned at the two.

"Now, I'm going to pretend that this wasn't torture for me. Take a walk across the bridge, and enjoy your date! Lunch is by the banks, by the way."

With that, Kathy walked away, making a 'tell me the details' sign to Stacy. Pleased with herself, she all but skipped. 

"My next victims: Nyota Uhura and Sybock... uh, whatever his last name is."

Soooo? I hope the kissing seen was good. I'm terrible at such stuff, and I'm quite uncomfortable with it, so yeah... either way, I do suppose that we all like a bit of a snog here and there, don't we? ;) Please vote and comment! Oh, and directioners, don't forget to read Unrequited Love!

All the love,

Kit_Kat

xxx