The Masquerade Ball (P2)

Okay, let's get this over with. YOU GUYS CAN'T F*CKING GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK EVERY TIME I OPEN WATTPAD OKAY???!!! 1.36K reads??!!! Guys, you're the best. I could kiss every single one of you. Before you run away, I'm neither bisexual nor lesbian.

Now that that's cleared, let's move on with the story! Cheerio!! (I have no clue why I just did that...)

Kathy let out another laugh as she ducked her head, blushing slightly. The boy- no, man standing in front of her was showering her with compliments, and flirting with her incessantly. Under normal circumstances, this would have horrible results, but seeing to the fact that all of Kathy's guy friends were busy with their ladies, this blonde haired, blue eyed man was safe.

"I must say, you truly look ravishing", Ethan said, smirking at the Cadet's red face.

"Oh please", She muttered, slapping his shoulder playfully, making him let out a surprised laugh. "This must be the fifth time you said that."

"Sixth", the Ethan corrected, making Kathy chuckle and blush- again. "May I have this dance, my lady?"

Kathy's eyes widened slightly as she stuttered for a moment, making the blonde chuckle and kiss her knuckles as he led her to the dance floor.

"Just trust me, it'll be fun", he whispered, pulling her to him in a typical waltz position, making them sway from side to side. 

Kathy turned around discreetly, feeling the familiar burn of her favorite pair of eyes on the back of her head. 

Spock.

Of course she would recognize him anywhere. Those soulful brown eyes and cute, pointy ears were kind of hard to miss. For Kathy, at least. The half- Circian subtly turned in the direction of Spock's gaze, finding that T'Preth was in his direct line of sight. Said Vulcan was wearing a pretty, off- shoulder gown which flared from just above the hip bone. A simple golden pendant hung from her neck. Her lips were stained pink and her hair was curled out of its usual Vulcan style. She too, wore a simple black mask and a pair of black bellies.

Kathy turned away, faking a smile as Ethan looked down at her. Since she was 5'4, many people at the Academy towered over her. Especially the boys. Kathy watched Spock leaving the hall, stiff and seemingly angry- by Vulcan standards at least. 

"Hey, um... I gotta go. It was nice dancing with you!" Ethan said, staring at something behind her. 

Kathy hummed absent- mindedly as she gave him a polite smile, ignoring the fact that he was now flirting with some super hot chick. 

"Katherina!" Jim slurred slightly as he placed a sloppy kiss on her cheek, making her receive jealous looks from some of the girls. 

Kathy grinned at her best friend, who offered her a glass filled with something. Kathy eyed the glass, before shrugging and downing the entire thing. She was going to speak to Spock, after all. And she seriously needed some courage to do that. Jim laughed and clapped her shoulder as he pulled Stacy with him for a dance. Gulping nervously, Kathy went after Spock.

*** *** *** ***

When Spock walked out, stiff with anger, it was snowing. Spock let the snowflakes fall on him freely, the tiny particles acting as a soothing and cooling balm to calm his burning rage. Watching Kathy dance with one of the biggest players of the Academy had left the Commander surprisingly unsettled. Spock continued to stand, not the least bothered about the snow beneath his shoes. It was illogical to be concerned for an inanimate object which he would, clearly, never use again.

"Spock?" A timid voice asked from behind him, making him turn around tilt his head in acknowledgement.

"I wanted to say... erm, I just... I mean, Merry Christmas?"