Chapter Two

Danny's POV

     It's been different around the house without Jazz around full time. Mom and Dad spend most of the time in the lab or on a ghost hunt. I see them for at most five minutes a day. I tidy up the living room, since I assume that's where Sam and Tucker will want to chill. I set up the Xbox and pull out a whole bunch of movies. I make a blanket/pillow pallet on the floor for the three of us to lie on.

Once everything is set up, I head to the basement to make sure my parents are okay with this. I find them hunched over some new ghost hunting device. My dad is tampering with it, and my mom keeps handing him tools.

"Mom, Dad, is it alright if Sam and Tucker spend the night?" I ask.

"Sure, sweetie. You can have the living room. We'll be down here all night, so just order pizza," my mom replies. That's pretty much all the interaction that has been going on lately. I mostly take care of myself.

I head back upstairs just as the doorbell rings. I open the door to find Sam and Tucker smiling at me. "Who's ready for some friend bonding time?" Tucker says over enthusiastically.

"Woo-hoo," I sarcastically mutter.

"What should we start with? I see Danny has gotten the Xbox and some movies ready. That's nice, but I had something else in mind," Sam says with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Let's have a throw back and do what we used to."

"No," I respond as a catch onto what she was hinting at. She pulls a Fenton Thermos out of her backpack. "Sam, put that away. It's dangerous, and we have no use for it."

"C'mon, Danny. Just for old time's sake?" she begs with a puppy dog face.

"Have fun without me." I move to the couch and pick up a controller. After sharing a glance, Sam and Tucker join me. We play for almost an hour and a half before we even realize we should eat. "What kind of pizza do you guys want?"

"Veggie," Sam answers. "Meat Lover's," Tucker answers at the same time. They turn to glare at each other.

"We can get more than one pizza. Everyone can be happy. Breadsticks too?" I say, trying to calm them down. You would think their silly food war would be over by now. Tucker has stopped started eating vegetables, and Sam has opened up her diet a little bit more to the point she is a regular vegetarian now.

I order three pizzas, veggie, Meat Lover's, and plain cheese (for me). I order two orders of breadsticks, knowing this will be my parents dinner too. The food arrives after half an hour. I pay for it with some cash from my dad's wallet and carry everything to the kitchen. After grabbing plates and napkins, I yell down to my parents that the pizza is here. Sam, Tucker, and I load our plates with pizza and breadsticks and sit in the living room once more. I put a random movie into the Blu Ray player and hop on the couch next to Sam. I had brought a cooler full of Mountain Dew into the living room earlier, so we were set on drinks for the night.

By the time the two and a half hour movie was over, we had gone through two pizzas, eight breadsticks, and six sodas. I glance at the clock. It's already 9:30. "What do you guys want to do now?"

"Do you think it's dark enough to go on the roof and look at stars?" Sam asks.

"It is definitely dark enough. Want me to hack into the power system and shut down this block's street lamps?" Tucker suggests. Sam nods, and the three of us make our way to the roof.