Chapter Five

Sam's POV

    I climb off of Danny and kneel at his side. "Danny? Danny? Baby, please wake up." I'm actually freaking out. I don't know if he's just rusty or if we have a bigger problem. I hold his hand in my lap and check for a pulse. He's definitely alive, but I don't know if he is still ghost anymore. I try to lift him to carry him since we are just at the end of his block. Unfortunately, he's too heavy for me.

     I manage to pull him to the side of the sidewalk and hide us in a shadow. Nobody saw us, right? The last thing Danny needs is for someone to have caught us and make a big deal out of it. I play with his hair as his head rests in my lap. Slowly, his eyes start to open.

     "Sam? You okay?" Danny asks in a raspy voice. It's sweet that the first thing he does is make sure I'm okay. The only thing wrong with this is he took the crash harder.

     "I'm fine, babe. Your body protected me. Are you okay? Do you think you could walk to your house? It's just at the end of this street." He nods and slowly starts to stand up. I help him to his feet and put my arm around his waist. He slings his arm across my shoulders. This would normally make us look like an affectionate couple, but it's actually because Danny needs a little help walking.

     "I think I should take that as a sign to stop being the ghost boy. I don't know why I crashed. I feel awful about it because I was supporting you," he says.

     "I just think you're a little rusty. Remember when you first got your powers? You couldn't fully control them. Maybe we just need a little practice session. How does that sound? You can always say no," I suggest. I really want him to say yes. I love when he is Danny Phantom. There's so many perks to it. I know that he will keep the city, especially me, safe. He is a very moral ghost. He understands how some of these ghosts think. Plus, he is so hot when he is in ghost form. I can't deny that it turns me on a little.

     "We can try one practice. If that doesn't go well, no more Danny Phantom. You got that? It means we completely drop the subject if I decide against it," he says very seriously. I nod my head quickly, almost frightened by his demeanor. We make it to his house. "We're locked out. I phased us out. I'm going to have to try to phase us back in."

     It takes a couple minutes, but eventually we both go completely intangible. We walk through the door and head towards the living room. Tucker is still passed out on the couch. The clock on the wall says it's 3:30.

     "Shall we go to sleep?" I ask. Danny nods, pulls off his jeans, and lies on the floor. I quickly change into my pajamas in the bathroom and hide all the alcohol bottles. Maybe Danny's powers were off because he's drunk. I curl up into his side. He pulls a blanket over us and wraps an arm around me. We quickly doze off.