Chapter Ten

Danny's POV

     I wake up with the sun hitting me in the face. I check the time and find it's already 9:30. I should be home by now. "Shit!"

     "What? What happened?" Sam asks shooting straight up. I jump out of the bed and start climbing back into my jumpsuit. "Danny, where are you going?"

     "It's already 9:30, Sam. I gotta get home. I should already be there." I finish getting my clothes on and walk over to the bed. I plant a kiss on her forehead and fly out. I poke my head back in and say, "I'll see you later, my love."

     I phase through the front door and see my parents in the living room. My mom spots me first and runs over to me, enveloping me in a hug. I transform back into my human form and hug her back. "Danny, we were so worried about you? Why'd you run off?"

     "I just... I had to figure some stuff out. I'm good now. I'm ready to fully be Danny Phantom again," I explain. My mom looks at me as if pressing me to say more. I just shrug my shoulders and head up to my room. I haven't touched my homework yet this weekend, and I really need to get going. I had homework in almost every subject.

     After an hour and a half, I have knocked out my English reading and the math packet I had to do. I move on to my government assignment which is an article I have to read and interpret. I save my science homework for last. I have to start researching animal kingdoms for a project. As I Google the animal kingdoms, I start a Skype call with Sam.

     "Hi, love. Did everything go alright with your parents this morning? They weren't mad that you were gone all night?" she asks as soon as she answers.

     "They didn't say much, but something did seem to be bothering them. I think they expected me to say more, but I didn't want to say much," I respond. I hear a knock at my door, so I give Sam the quiet signal. I mute myself, turn my volume off, and minimize Skype. Then I say to come in. My parents walk in and sit on the bed. I turn towards. "What's going on?"

     "We just wanted to talk to you, Danny. Is the ghost-thing causing you issues again?" my mom asks.

     "It was, but I had time to think last night. Everything is sorted, and I will rejoin Team Phantom and help in the ghost hunting. So, just expect more of my absence."

     "Where did you go last night, sweetie?"

     "I was at an abandoned factory on the outskirts of Amity Park." No need to say anything about Sam's house.

     "Well, we got a phone call last night...about your whereabouts."

     "Oh?"

     "Sweetheart, were you at Sam's last night?" I could feel my face go red instantly as my mom asked this.

     "Yes..."

     "Did you sleepover?"

     "I did sleep in her room."

     "You know we don't mind when you two stay together, we just want to know ahead of time. It's not that we don't trust you, we just need to make sure things don't happen."

     "Mom, nothing like that will happen. Honestly, Sam and I aren't ready for any of that."

     "Well, son," my dad chimed in, "you and I should have a chat about the treatment of ladies when your mom leaves the room."

     "Dad, I really don't think that is neces-"

     "Son, you need to know this. You want to keep your lady happy."