Chapter 8

For the rest of the day, all members of the midnight pack stayed out my way.

I spent the day with josh. We played in the indoor pool, outback and in the woods.

Tomorrow I won't get to see him much, training is starting then and I needed to get the wolves ready for the up coming war.

Josh fell asleep at 7 o'clock when we were in the lounge with a few other members of the pack, I picked him up taking him to bed. Changing him into his pajamas and tucking into bed, I left the room heading back to the lounge.

I was glad I hadn't seen another one of that pack, my wolf had been pacing back forth for the whole day. She thought at any moment one of them would jump out and attack either me or josh so she was ready for it, she was so close to bursting through my skin it was really hard to contain her.

I was constantly trying to sooth her but all she did was growled at me. But everything was fine spending time with josh.

Just when I thought things were looking up for me, bad luck comes and hits me in he face.

While I was walking down the hall, blake stepped out the room of the end hall. Now that I wasn't so distracted and full of rage, his scent hit me hard making my wolf purr.

He scent was amazing, it was the best thing I have ever smelt. It was like a sweet woodsy citrus smell.

I was about to walk pass him when he grabbed my arm stopping me. I glared hoping he will get the message that I didn't want to talk to him but that message seemed to never get through to him.

"Skyler please just give me a minute" his eyes were pleading for me to talk to him, I huffed and waved my hand motioning for him to go on "I'm so sorry sky for everything, I should have never let you leave. It was wrong of me to reject you and I wish I never did it, I was young and scared. I wasn't ready to have a mate yet ... please baby I hope you understand, I want you back, I want to make it up to you"

I ripped my arm from his grasp stepping back putting space between us, he looked hurt and my wolf whimpered from the lost of contact between us.

"You think I wanted to leave blake? No, YOU made me, its your fault. I thought you finding out I was your mate, you would change things and make them better but you never did, you made it worst. The day you rejected me tore me apart, you chose to please the pack and hurt me worst than any other than even trying to accept me. You expect me to understand?"

"I'm sorry, I know it may not mean anything to you but I am skyler. I want you back in my life" He stepped toward me and I took a step back.

Please he wants to be with us. She was trying to reason with me but there was no point. You might have forgiven him for what he did but I sure as hell haven't.

"Blake, I've moved on with my life. I'm not coming back to you, you think one miserly apology is going to make up all the years on pain you and your pack put me through?"

"Oh I can see that you've moved on" He snapped starting to get irritated, his muscles tensed "How could you sleep with another wolf and have his pup, you're mine skyler. I will have you back, only you and not that damn child. I will not have another mans child in my home" His wolf was getting closer to the surface and his eyes were getting darker.

"Oh its alright for you to fuck anything that walks but I can't, you don't have to worry about bringing up another man child because I won't be setting foot in your house. I'm not coming back to you blake"

"So you would chose that mutt over your own mate?" his eyes were black and his body was shaking, he was close to shifting right here in the hall.

My wolf was hurting having to chose between her son and her mate but she knew who she would always chose. It was josh, he filled the whole that blake left when he rejected me. All the love that I would have given to blake, I gave to josh.