t w o

it was 6:55 on a monday morning and i was already dreading the rest of the day. i was waiting on my best friend, ava, under the side stairwell like i always do. it was a strange place to meet up with your friends i must admit, but it was quiet and most definitely not crowded.

i was finishing up my geometry homework, which was probably all incorrect, when ava approached me, "audrey! you will never guess what chase told me last night." she whined and i packed up my stuff, standing up so we could walk to class while she talked. "he just told me that his dad got a job offer in connecticut ." she stated.

"and that's bad because?" i questioned as i dodged a student walking the opposite direction. how hard was it to walk on the right side of the hall? come on people.

"it's bad because he'll be moving all the way across the country and he said he wasn't sure if he'd be able to visit."

"well you can still text and call each other right?" i ask when we stop in front of her first period class, "yeah i guess but that's not the same, audrey, long distance relationships never work." she sighs and i give her a sympathetic look. i actually feel bad for ava because her and chase have been dating for almost two years now and they were pretty serious and i could tell she really loved him. "everything will be okay, i promise." i assure her before giving her a quick hug and heading off to my first period.

-

the day dragged on for what felt like forever and it was finally seventh period. art was possibly my favorite class because it relaxes me and i don't have to stress about my grade because you couldn't really fail. i was sketching out a draft for our new project when my phone buzzed.

luke:

hey it's luke are you still up for tutoring today? :-)

i almost forgot about his offer. we decided that we would start our sessions right away because let's face it, i really needed the help. we would just go over the basics of geometry for now but when my classes during the break started then we would just be working on helping me actually understand what i learned.

audrey:

of course. i'll be over at 3:30?

i was very grateful for luke because if he hadn't offered to help me i would for sure fail the semester and my parents would kill me. i was contently sketching when my phone buzzed again.

luke:

sounds good babe

i could say that him referring to me as "babe" didn't give me butterflies but i would be lying. i shook my head and continued drawing. i can't have some silly crush on my brother's friend, he's just tutoring me and that's it. i'm probably over reacting towards my reaction to luke's text but i don't want things to get weird.

after 45 minutes of sketching and erasing the final bell rang and i packed up my stuff and made my way to my locker. i only took my homework and my geometry notes and textbook and left the rest there. ava appeared next to me and she was smiling so big her cheeks must've been cramping.

"well aren't you a ray of sunshine?" i smirk and close my locker. "i talked to chase today," she began, "and he is willing to try a long distance relationship and he said we would skype every night and facetime whenever we can and he'll try and come out during the summer. i'm so happy! i think this might actually work." she squeals and jumps on the balls of her feet.

i laugh at how excited she is and hug her. ava is basically a walking bag of sunshine and smiles and whenever she's happy you can't help but be happy too. "anyways i think this calls for celebratory milkshakes, my treat of course." she offers and i give her a pout.

"i really want to, ava, but i'm meeting up with one of my brother's friends so he can help me in geometry." i explain and she gives me a knowing smile, "aw that's okay, we can go another time. is he cute?" she smirks and gives me a suggestive look and i roll my eyes and laugh, "yes he's cute but i'm not going to make a move or anything. he's older so it's not like he's going to go for some high school student when he could be hooking up with college girls. plus this is strictly just for school and i could really use the help." i state and she nods her head slowly, "okay well when you guys hook up i better be the first to know." i groan, "we aren't going to hook up!" i exclaim and she laughs, "sure." rolling my eyes i tell her goodbye and head towards the bus stop.

i walk and pull my coat closer to me as the cold wind nipped at my face and  legs, sending a shiver through my whole body. i looked at the clock on my phone and see that i didn't have enough time to go home and then to michael's since it was already 3:15. i sigh, realizing that i'll have to wear this stupid uniform for another two hours or so.

once the bus arrives i swipe my card and sit down in the front. i plugged in my headphones and scrolled through tumblr trying to occupy myself. once i finally arrived to the stop near my brother's apartment, i thanked the driver and walked a few blocks down until i reached the complex. i pressed the buzzer for michael's apartment and bounced on the balls of my feet trying to warm up a bit while waiting for the door to unlock.

i take the elevator up to the fourth floor and walk to the very end of the hallway and knock on the door. i waited patiently as i heard fumbling on the other side of the door and finally the door unlocked revealing a shirtless luke with a toothbrush sticking out of his mouth and foaming toothpaste dripping down his chin from the corner of his lips. i let out a giggle at his appearance.

"i'm sorry i lost track of time." he explains on his way to the bathroom to finish brushing his teeth i assume. i laugh and set my bag down next to the small dining table before i take off my coat and hang it up near the door. luke then comes out of his room in the process of putting a shirt on and he stops in his tracks when he sees me.

"what's with the school skirt and stockings?" he questions warily. i look down at my uniform and back up at him, "this is my school uniform, i'm kind of forced to wear it." i explain and he clenches his jaw and swallows hard.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀

so it begins haha. i'm sorry this chapter is a bit lame it didn't go quite as i planned but i guess it works lol. thank you guys so much for all of your reads and all of the positive feedback i've been getting on this story. your comments make me so happy so keep 'em coming lol.

leave a vote and/or a comment on your way out?

much love.