s i x t e en

"lukey pookie, i'm home!" I heard a voice shout just after the door is unlocked and I shoot up and silently panic.

luke shoves me off of him and starts putting his clothes on and gesturing me to get up off the floor.

"you will not believe the day i've had!" michael continues as he shuts the door and takes his shoes off and drops them on the floor with a thud. meanwhile, luke was pulling up his pants while I was looking around frantically for a place to hide.

"quick! in here!" luke loudly whispered and gestured into his room. I quickly and quietly open the door and slip in just as michael began turning the corner to enter the living room.

"why are you just standing in the middle of the living room?" he asks suspiciously and I let out a breath and lean my forehead against the door as I listen in.

"well I was just about to come greet you, man!" luke replies with a shaky voice.

"you're acting weird." michael states.

"you're acting weird." luke retorts, "anyways, what happened today?" he asks, desperately trying to change the subject. the room remains quiet for a moment and I hold my breath.

"is audrey here?" michael asks and my eyes widen.

"uh," luke begins, "what? no. why would she be here?"

"well her coat is on the floor." michael trails off and I hear footsteps walking closer to where I was.

"oh! well she was here for tutoring but she must've forgotten her coat." luke plays off.

"right..." michael trails off, "you guys have been spending a lot of time together." he points out.

"well i'm her tutor and we meet three days a week." luke also points out.

"i'm aware." michael says suspiciously, "that better be all you are to her."

"what else would I be to her?" luke scoffs, "she's just a kid it's not like I like her or anything. besides, she can barely do simple math, you know i'm into the smart types."

ouch.

"you're right, man." michael chirps after a while, "hey, speaking of smart types, whatever happened with you and leah?"

"she still wants a piece of me, man. i'm telling you she hits me up almost every night. i'm surprised she hasn't texted me by now." he says and I can practically hear him smirking.

fucking asshole.

I waited another thirty minutes or so in luke's room and tried to drown out their talk about girls. I can't believe luke said that about me. i'm not a smart type? I know i'm not good at math but i'm good at other stuff. and who the hell is leah?

soon I hear michael claim that he's going to take a shower and I take that as my chance to escape this apartment and never come back so long luke is here. after I hear the bathroom door close and the water turn on I leave Luke's room.

"hey, gorgeous." I hear behind me as I bend down to retrieve my bag that was behind the couch for some reason and my coat on the other side. I don't even acknowledge his statement that undoubtedly made my heartbeat speed up.

"hey!" he calls as I put on my coat and start unlocking the door to leave but before I could a pair of arms snake around my waist and I feel a warm breath near my ear.

"where do you think you're going?" he whispers in my ear hotly and I close my eyes.

be strong, audrey.

"i'm going home." I say flatly and he pulls away, turning me around.

"what? why? because michael's here? he should be leaving after his shower and then we could hang out a bit longer if you'd like." he suggests while he runs his hands up and down my arms and I roll my eyes.