t w e l v e

the rest of the ride back to the apartment was quiet and i could feel the air around us begin to grow more tense. i can't quite put my finger on the aura but i don't like it. the elevator ride was even worse as luke couldn't even look me in the eyes. we walk to the end of the hallway once the elevator stopped and opened it's doors.

"luke?" i ask and was replied with a grunt.

"thank you for letting me crash here." i mumble while never breaking my gaze from his backside. all he does is nod as he unlocks the door and walks in.

luke disappears in his room and i go straight to the kitchen to get myself some water since i was quite parched. as i drink i begin to think about what happened in luke's car. is this going to become a regular thing? will he want to be friends with benefits? or was it just another meaningless blow job to him?

luke comes back with a shirt and some boxer shorts for me to change into. i quietly thank him and once again he replies with a nod and disappears. i head to the bathroom to change and i cringe at my reflection. my makeup was severely smeared and my hair was a mess due to the amount of times a hand was run through it whether it be my own or someone else's. i can't believe i let myself fool around with two boys in one night. two older boys.

i peel off the dress and fold it neatly on top of the toilet lid before slipping on the shirt and boxers. i rinse my face with some water and attempt to rid my face of the runny makeup. after my face was somewhat cleaner, i looked under the sink and luckily found a spare toothbrush and i thoroughly brushed my teeth. i picked up my dress and my shoes and exit the bathroom almost running into luke.

"finally! you took forever in there." he complained and i quietly apologize.

i see a pillow and a blanket set on the couch and i roll my eyes. does he really think i'm going to sleep on the couch? i turn to michael's room figuring he wouldn't mind if i slept in there for one night as long as i don't mess anything up and fix the bed the next morning. he's kind of a freak when he comes to his things.

as i turned the knob i realized i couldn't, the door was fucking locked. i don't remember him ever locking his door. i groaned and walked back to the living room and laid down on the couch and covered myself with the blanket. i listened to luke brushing his teeth in the bathroom and stared at the ceiling. a few minutes later the door opens and out comes luke.

"hey, luke?" i called out to him but he ignored me and walked straight to his room, slamming the door in the process. tears begin to form in my eyes and i don't even try to fight them. tonight was such a mess.

i lied to my mom and went to a college party on a school night, i wore a dress that was barely long enough to cover my ass, i drank alcohol, i fooled around with a boy i just met and let him touch me, i then went home with a different boy and gave him a blow job on the side of the road and called him kinky names. this wasn't me. so why did i do it? because of luke.

i went to that party and fooled around with that guy to forget about luke but i ended up thinking about him the whole time and now i'm laying on his couch, dressed in his clothes and covered with his blanket and I'm still thinking about him. what is it about him?

i sigh and turn to my side and stare at the black screen of the tv. maybe if i watch something i'll get tired and fall asleep, leaving this whole night behind me. i turn it on and some random late night talk show was on and i just kept it. the show was pretty funny but throughout the whole hour i couldn't rid my mind of luke. i miss him. he's one room away and i miss him.

i get up off the couch and i walk to his door and attempt to turn the knob but it wouldn't budge. i can't believe he locked his door. i sniffle and lightly tap on his door.