n i n e

it was now wednesday and i'm nervous as hell. luke offered to make up for his lack of tutoring on friday and lengthen our time on monday since i had a test the next day. im currently biting my nails as i watch my teacher walk around the room handing our tests back from tuesday. honestly, i felt pretty confident whilst taking the test but i know i probably made some dumb mistakes and ended up failing anyways.

She was getting closer and closer and the need for me to throw up was getting stronger. she gave me a brief smile and handed me my test face down as she does with everyone. it took me so long to build up the courage to turn the paper over that right as my hand reached out the bell rang. i sighed and just stuffed the test in my bag as i began to walk to my locker. i noticed my test and just thought 'fuck it' and unwrinkled it to reveal my test score.

i stared blankly at the red circled red number and tears pricked at my eyes. i pressed it against my chest and started laughing. i all but sprinted out of school the fact that i have two more periods left completely leaving me.

soon i was at michael's and knocking on the door frantically. i heard some shuffling and i bounced on my heels impatiently and then the door opened. i didn't hesitate to hug luke once i saw his face.

"audrey? what's going on?" he chuckled and it was the most beautiful sound i've ever heard. i pulled away and simply held up my test awaiting his reaction which was similar to mine.

"an 83?! i'm so proud of you, babe!" he pulled me into another hug and my heart fluttered at the name he called me.

"thank you! oh my god i'm so happy. you have no idea how ner- why are you wearing a bed sheet?" i abruptly asked as i noticed him holding it up around his waist. i crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows awaiting his explanation.

"oh...," he begins awkwardly and looks back at his room, "i'm kind of in the middle of something..." he trails off and scratches the back of his neck.

"are you fucking kidding me, luke?" i scoffed and rolled my eyes. "you are aware that we have tutoring today right?" i ask.

"yeah, but that isn't for another two hours. i was planning on being done by then. why are you out of school so early?" he questioned. "i got excited and left school to show you. i didn't want you to think all of this was a waste of time and that i wasn't getting better at math." i confessed and he nodded his head.

"so um can you leave so i can finish up? i don't want to keep her waiting." he awkwardly chuckles. i don't know why but hearing him say that irritated me.

"i-" i began but was cut off by a voice. two to be exact.

"lukey, come back to bed." one girl whined and pouted her lips. "yeah, or we are going to continue without you." the other bit her lip and i gagged. luke looked at me and winced at my lurid expression.

"you're disgusting." i snapped and stomped out of the apartment. i pushed the elevator button and waited with my fists and jaw clenched. i don't know why i was so angry, it's not like he was cheating on me.

"audrey, wait!" luke yelled from down the hall. he ran towards me, still holding the bed sheet at his waist. "what's wrong?"

"what's wrong?!" i screamed, "i came over to show you my test grade that you helped me achieve and you're over here fucking not only one but two girls."

"what does it matter to you?" he scoffed and crossed his arms.

"it doesn't it's just disgusting. how could you be with those two girls when just the other day you were with another and you were tou-" i cut myself off and looked at my feet. "i was what?" he taunted, "touching you?" he finished for me and i winced. "so what? you're like in love with me now because i got you off?" he laughed at me and i felt tears well up in my eyes.

"no, i just-" i was cut off again but this time by luke, "audrey, you're 16 and you're my best friend's sister. plus i'm your tutor so it's not like i like you or anything. what i did that night was just me having a little fun and while you do look sexy in your little school girl's outfit, it would be illegal for me to actually fuck you so..." he trailed off and i wanted to punch him in the face.

"fuck you, luke." i spat and he chuckled, "sorry princess, you're underage.". this time i didn't hold back and i slapped him across the face. i stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby as i stared luke down until the doors closed. i sniffled and pulled out my phone, dialing ava's number.

"hey, babe, what's up?" she asked. "ava, what are you doing tonight? can i come over?" i ask. "i'm actually trying to find out the details for this party later tonight." she replies cheerily.

"a party? ava, it's a school night." i point out. "yeah, i know! you want to come?" she giggles and i sigh. am i really considering going to a party at some person's house i probably don't know on a school night?

"yeah, i guess." i sighed and she squealed and told me to meet her at her house to get ready before hanging up.

to be honest i'm kind of excited because i might be able to get my mind off of luke tonight. plus, ava will be with me and she knows how to party, what could go wrong?

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀

if only you knew, audrey. (smiling devil emoji) soooo i know i haven't updated in 84 years but honestly school is a bitch. i'm sorry this chapter is shorter (also unedited) than usual but that's because i decided to break it up into two parts otherwise it'll be too long.

thank you so much for all of your reads!

YOU GUYS SHOULD LEAVE ME A BUNCH OF VOTES AND COMMENTS BC I HONESTLY LOVE READING THEM AND THEY MOTIVATE ME TO KEEP UPDATING AND THEY LET ME KNOW YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THE STORY.

OKAY I'M GOING TO START WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER LUB CHOOOOO!

comment quesadilla if you read all of that. :-)