t h i r t e e n

it was 4 in the morning when i heard the alarm on my phone go off in the distance. my eyes flutter open and i slowly sit up tying to become familiar with my surroundings before realizing that I'm in luke's room. i look over at him and he looked like an angel with the moonlight breaking in through the blinds and adorning his features. his chest slowly rose and fell with each breath he took and i couldn't help my heart from racing at his appearance.

i slowly and quietly get out of the bed, careful not to wake luke up, and i sneak out of his bedroom into the dark hallway. i follow the ringing and the slight light my phone was giving off to find it on the couch where i was laying before i went to luke's room. i slide my finger to the right, turning the sound off. i decided to go ahead and turn off the rest of my alarms off so they wouldn't go off every ten minutes.

it takes everything in me to get out of bed so i have to set a bunch of alarms an hour before i absolutely have to get up so i can actually be awake.

i contemplated whether or not i should make myself some coffee since i was dead tired and i would probably look and feel like a zombie the whole day. i decide against it and stealthily grab my things before reaching the door and quietly open it before closing it behind me.

soon i was walking out of the apartment building and i probably look like a mess in a shirt and wearing boy's underwear as shorts while holding my dress and heels but i could care less.

i walk barefoot to the bus station. you'd think i'd be scared to walk around in the dark and ride the bus but i actually wasn't. this is usually when people go to work and nothing much happens here in Portland let alone crimes.

as the bus was approaching the stop, i grab my bus pass from the back of my phone case and swipe it as i enter. i was very grateful it didn't take very long for the bus to come because it was freezing outside. i sat down and looked out the window as we continued to drive and stop as people left and people came.

i couldn't help but think about luke's situation with his parents. i don't know what i would do if my parents were against me so much they didn't even want me to come for christmas. i didn't even know that luke was interested in music. it's not like he didn't look like the type, it's just that he's never mentioned it or showed any signs of wanting to be involved with music. what else do i not know about him?

soon the bus stopped at my stop and i thank the driver as i exit. i sigh as i realize i have a twenty minute walk to my house and begin my journey. i hug myself tightly as i try to retain as much body heat as i can and i keep my head down so the slight wind won't nip at my face as much. the streets were lit by the streetlights which made things a little less scary but i was still on edge.

after ten minutes of walking i see the entrance to my neighborhood in the distance and i smile but it soon fell as a car stopped next to me. my heartbeat sped up but i continued to walk, hoping they wouldn't talk to me and just let me go home. i hear a whistle but i decide to ignore it and start walking faster. i then hear the car start again and approach me and by now I'm on the verge of tears.

"hey, pretty lady. need a ride home?" i hear a low voice say and i wanted to scream and punch them in the face.

"ava?!" i exclaim and look at her, "you fucking bitch! you scared the shit out of me!" i yell at her but i'm super relieved it's her and not some pervert.

"my bad." she laughed and motioned for me to get in.

"so what are you doing walking barefoot in the dark?" she asks as she accelerates. i wasn't sure if i should tell her about my whereabouts or not. i mean she is my best friend, aren't i supposed to tell her everything?

"i was at luke's..." i trailed off and she smirked and looked at me, "oooh, fun. tell me everything. is he good? is he big?" she snickers.

"what? ava, no. he just picked me up from the party and i couldn't go home because i was drunk off my ass so i stayed the night at my brother's place." i explain.

"what did your brother have to say? i'm sure he gave you an earful." she rolled her eyes. the thing about my brother is, he thinks it's okay for him to go out and have fun and get shit faced but if i do anything remotely fun he lectures me because 'I'm only sixteen'.

"actually, he wasn't there." i replied as we pulled up into my drive way. "audrey, please tell me you took advantage of being alone with that hot piece of ass. i'm telling you, if i met him first and if i didn't have a boyfriend-"

"yeah, speaking of boyfriends," i cut her off, "what the hell is going on with you and chase? did you guys break up or something? you never went into detail about what happened and you went home with chris." i interrogate her and she sighs.

"chase kissed another girl." she simply states and i quietly gasp. "well, she kissed him, supposedly, and we got into an argument about it. he said that i have no trust in him and that if he kissed her and was cheating on me then he wouldn't have told me in the first place."

"so," she took a deep breath, "we yelled at each other some more and then decided we needed a break from each other to just chill and i found out about the party so i decided to go. yes, i went home with chris but nothing happened. as soon as he leaned in to kiss me i burred into tears and completely embarrassed myself."

i sighed and hugged her as best i can considering we were in a car. i rubbed her back and just let her cry in my chest to really get things out. after a few minutes she sat up and wiped her cheeks and smiled at me.

"so, what happened at luke's?"

-

i was on my way to seventh period when i got a text.

from: ava

okay bitch, i just got a freaking 86 on my physics test and we are going for milkshakes!

i laugh to myself and i was about to type back a reply i got another text.

from: ava

you better not ditch me for luke again >:(

from: ava

unless you're going to give him another bj lololololololol

i roll my eyes and text her back that i'll be there. i decided this morning to tell ava everything that went down last night, leaving out the heart to heart luke and i had on his bed of course.

seventh period wasn't anything new or exciting, it was just me listening to music and painting. today we started a new project and this time it was our choice on what we wanted to paint. i wasn't quite sure what i wanted to do so i just started sketching in my sketch book. i was so lost in the music and what i was doing that i wasn't even paying attention to what i was drawing.

"ms. clifford, that is beautiful." my teacher complimented and i blushed. it was a boy's reflection in a mirror and the mirror is broken while it's frame is made up of barbed wire and thorns.

the weird thing is that the boy looked a lot like luke.

-

ava and i were currently sat at a milkshake bar awaiting our drinks and just talking aimlessly about random things. when our drinks came i happily sipped from the straw and i wanted to moan at how good it tasted.

we left the shop and walked around going into random stores and shops. we went into this one store and i swear we were in there for almost two hours and bought half the clothes in there. i felt like i was in a movie in a montage where the girls try on all these clothes and just laugh and dance and have fun.

it was honestly one of the best times i've had with ava and not once did either of us bring up chase or luke and it was nice to just hang out with my best friend and not have a care in the world.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀

hello beautiful people of the internet! happy valentine's day! if you don't have a valentine i'll be yours! so it's definitely been a while haha but I'm here now! school is honestly kicking my ass so I'm sorry.

i wanted a chapter with just ava and audrey bc i feel like the whole time it's about luke or another boy and boys are dumb so here's a (unedited) girl chapter!

hope you're all doing well !

love you lots xx