blue swede

12: blue swede

• • •

"i'm tired. let's talk and eat something. i got popcorn and muffins. oh and some coke."

"i don't do drugs."

"very funny."

"i try my best. so, let's talk."

"about?"

"about you. about me. about us."

"us?"

"i didn't mean it like that, um, tell me something about yourself."

"i'm boring. no dead parents, no weird disease, only have a brother with a dream to be an olympic runner."

"like usain bolt."

"kinda, yeah. what about you?"

"god, where do i start... no, just kidding, i'm just as boring - as not boringer."

"boringer is not word."

"i was never good at english, there's a fact. kinda funny how i'm now majoring in creative writing."

"wait, you're not american?"

"you haven't noticed my accent? i'm swedish."

"that's the thing. you have no accent."

"i moved here when i was two months, that's probably why."

"ah. sweden is cool. you know the song hooked on a feeling? it's by this swedish group called blue swede. very cool. wait, i'll put it on."

"yeah, i know this. i can't stop this feeling~ deep inside of me~ girl you just don't realize what you do to me~"

"you- you know the lyrics."

"of course. i'm swedish. they're swedish. gotta stay true to the roots."

"haha."

"it's a romantic song."

"yeah. the constant hooga-chagga hooga hooga kinda ruins it for me, though. but the small instrumental interludes make up for it."

"i'm hooked on a feeling~ and i'm high on believing~ that you're in love with me~"

"um."

"sorry. just- just singing along."

"alright."

"cool."

• • •

lol i fucking love hooked on a feeling

stiLL HAVING THE DATE