~The During~

The during

I was back in that back alley. It was mid afternoon and you could hear kids playing a few streets away. I heard footsteps, I saw a pair of familiar converse walk towards me. I could hear the music blasting out from the headphones. I saw myself walk along the cobbles not a care in the word and totally oblivious to what was about to happen. I found myself walk towards myself. What was I doing? I stood before myself. I stopped walking and shuddered gasping for air. I giggled, knowing what caused the breathlessness and coldness, it was a strange feeling.

I saw the dark figure sneak up behind me. I let my former self walk on along the alley as I stepped into the light to get a closer look at my killer. I waited for his features to come into focus. I was nervous, scared yet excited. All this would be over soon...

I found myself hopelessly gasping for air again. Dark jeans, dark jacket, ghost white skin, black eyes and short white hair under a hood. He was slightly older but this was definitely him...Ed. My father. The father who tried to kill my mother was about to kill his daughter. I fell to my knees still spluttering. He held out the gun and waited. I saw myself unhook my headphones and turn around to face him. I could see the fear in my eyes as I began to shake. I saw myself open my mouth, before I could say anything he cut in and muttered something.

"Sue!"

He hissed as he pulled the trigger. It smacked into my chest as I fell to the wet ground. He slotted the gun back into his jacket and ran. He ran away and left his daughter dead on the floor. I saw myself took my last breath and shut my eyes.

Sue? My mother? What? Did he think I was her? I knew I looked older and looked a lot like mum but this is a whole different story. I scrambled to my feet. I was going to run after him but I felt too weak. I looked over to see my body just lying there limp. I was broken, dead, I was gone. I felt anger rush through my body.

I had found the answer to my unanswered question but I don't think I was asking the right question. Sure I had found out who did this to me but that only lead to another question. Why? I'm going to have to do a little research on my father. I know he wanted me dead but he was in jail! He didn't even know me? But was it really me he wanted dead? After all the one word he said to me before he killed me was my mother's name...and he has already tried to kill her once.

Get ready Clive I'm going to find out why!