Chapter 24

Smoke fills my lungs and burns my eyes. Half the basement is now engulfed in flames. The fire is silent, yet deadly and it moves closer to us with incredible speed. The sirens are now inside the basement too. "HOW DO WE GET OUT?" I yell over the wailing alarms. By now the door to get out is guarded by thick layers of flames. They lick the roof and before we know it the roof is on fire too. 

"FOLLOW ME!" Steven half screams. We run after him. I can barely see now, there is so much smoke. I can't stop coughing. 

"Get down" I manage to say, before coughing my head off. I don't know how they heard, but everyone, including myself gets down onto our hands and knees. We scramble along the cold concrete floor. I can barely make out the others. Finally after what seems like hours of crawling we come to a door. I can make out what it says because of the smoke. Steven flings it open so hard one of the hinges come lose. We rush out just as a bomb falls over the basement. The force of it throws us all forwards and into a wall. A warm sensation trickles down the side of my head. I lay on the floor stunned until Ethan lifts me up in his arms with ease. The others and him race down a corridor. There is fire everywhere. Including the front door.

My eye lids are heavy. The sirens now sound like a lullaby singing me to sleep. And it's so warm. Like i'm sitting next to the fire on a cold winters night. But I know I can't close my eyes. I can't fall asleep. I wont fall asleep. My friends, they need me. I skim over the faces of the terrified group until they land on Courtney. She comes over to me. "Sleep Kell." Everything's going to be alright." 

"Bu-" I reply. The words hurt my throat. 

"Just go to sleep Kelly" 

I let my eyes close. Once they are, they wont open again. I keep getting hotter and hotter. Everyone is screaming and yelling for help. And I know. Everything will not be alright. I know, that this was the last time I would ever see my friends again. They would all perish in the flames. And I would be left here, under rubble and never, ever see them again. I will be the only one left. I will be the only one roaming the planet. No people, not even animals to talk to. For the first time in my life, I will be completely alone. I small voice flashes inside my head, "No ones alone." and with that. The world leaves and I fall into a deep, death like, sleep. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this chapter is so short. I couldn't really think of what else I could add in this. 

Oh. And by the way, this is NOT the last chapter. There will be more. 

Thanks for reading this. I really appreciate it!! you guys are great!