»day fourteen«

DAY FOURTEEN OF THIRTY ONE.

DECEMBER 25, 2014.

DAY NINE OF WINTER BREAK.

12:00 P.M.

ARABELLA'S POV

"Hey dude!" I ruffle Harry's hair, laughing slightly. I go to hug Nick but he just nods, going and sitting down. Sighing, I sit down across from him and set down his presents.

"Are you kidding me? The wrapping paper?" He jokes, cracking a little smile.

Ever since last night, Nick's been acting all weird. He has refused to look at me and has barely even talked to me.

"Okay, here's your stuff." I push all his stuff towards him on the table. He pushes a box towards me, smiling falsely and picking it up.

"Open yours first." He says, nodding towards it. I sigh and unwrap it carefully, trying to take off the lid.

Once it opens I start laughing, picking up the log. There was a can of 'make your own snow' in the box too, so I'm guessing we had the same idea.

"Open yours." I watch as he eyes the box. He rips the rapping paper off and opens the box, sighing.

"You've got to be kidding me." He shakes his head laughing, picking up the plush Rudolph.

"It says something, push the nose." he holds it up to his ear and pushes the nose, the message to him blaring.

He smiles, a real one surprisingly, as it says 'love you rudolph'. I couldn't help but feel all happy when I look at him, and I don't know why.

I felt at- I felt at home.

"You really got me lotion?" He laughs, quickly stopping when he looks at me. I nod curtly, if he was going to be bitter, two can play at that game.

"Thank you snow."

"Thank you Rudolph." He smiles and puts everything back in the box.

"Mo-"

"Mistletoe!" She says excitedly, holding a mistletoe above us. Nick goes back to his bratty self and rolls his eyes, shaking his head. She looks at me with pleading eyes, silently asking me to fix up the boy.

"Nick stop being rude to your mother." he rolls his eyes at me and answers sharply.

"Like you should be the one telling me what to do." he goes upstairs, leaving me to close my eyes and sigh.

"I've got him, thanks for everything mrs.Robinson." she nods and goes back to the kitchen, her eyes glossy.

I go upstairs and knock on Nick's door, which was locked.

"Nick open the door." I hear a faint sigh from his room and I could tell he rolled his eyes. I try to open it again, then remembering the good old bobby pin trick. I take the bobby pin out of my hair and use it to pick the lock, pushing the door in.

"Why are you being so rude to everyone?"

"Why are you being a bitch?"

"Oh I'm the bitch?" I roll my eyes and shut his door.

"Yes. Now what do you want?" He, what a surprise, rolls his eyes at me.

"I want to know why your being so rude to your mother, god Nick you make her cry." I watch as his face softens, but quickly goes back to the annoyed look.

"It's not any of your business."

"Nick what the heck is wrong with you?"

"God, you're like- you're like cancer!" He screams, making me scoff. I bring my hand up and slap him across the face.

"Next time, come up with better insults honey." I fake smile and open the door, but Nick shuts it quickly.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"And I'm apparently like cancer. Nick I really don't care what you have to say right now." I turn to go open his door, but Nick slides in front of it.

"I'm just aggravated, alright? I didn't mean to take it out on you." he whispers, bowing his head.

"What on earth can you be aggravated about?"

"Well I don't know, maybe it's you."

"It's me?" I scoff again as the 'new' him is back.

"God can't you see? It's always been you. Always has and always will. Why can't you get that through your head?" His hands tug at his hair and I state at him in confusion.

"What?"

"I'm in love with you! I have been since seventh grade! There, I said it, cats out of the bag. I'm in love with you. I would kill myself if it would make you happy." He throws his hands in the air at the first part, slowly bringing them down and resting them on my cheeks after.

"It always has been you." he whispers, rubbing my cheek with his thumb. He starts leaning in, and for some reason, so do I.

»Authors note«

Words excluding authors note-786.

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR THIS SHORT UPDATE, I'VE BEEN SO BUSY LATELY. I'VE BEEN WITH MY FRIENDS FOR FOUR DAYS AND I HAD A PARTY TO GO TO TODAY WHICH I MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN SICK AT.

ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES.

(AND I'M CLOSE TO FOUR K????? WHAT??? HOW???? THANK YOU SO MUCH.)

Keep the comments and votes coming, I live for them.

Until next time, --Ashley.

(Not edited.)