»Day Thirty-one«

DAY THIRTY ONE OF THIRTY ONE.

January 11, 2015.

DAY SIX OF LOCKDOWN WEEK.

12 PM

ARABELLAS POV.

"Start packing. Leave clothes out for the next few days."

"Got it." I smile at my mom, opening one of my suitcases. We have decided to leave earlier, so I now leave in a few days.

"Arabella?" Gray knocks on my doorframe, then sits on my bed.

"What's up?"

"What happened to you and Nick?" His voice cracks and I throw a shirt in the bag.

"Things happen Gray, people change. I guess Nick doesn't feel anything anymore." I shrug, folding a pair of pants.

"If he doesn't feel anything then why is he sitting outside your window? He's been out there all night." I drop my stuff and look out the window, where Nick was sitting on the ground looking at my window. He sees me and jumps up, waving at me to open the window.

"What do you want, lonely boy?"

"I want to apologize."

"Go ahead, I would love to see you try." I say sarcastically, watching the sliver car pull up to the house. Mike soon gets out with a few boxes, causing me to gasp. Nick wasn't supposed to know they were coming. They as in Christian, Emily, Mike, and Jack. They were supposed to be here at two, but Mike said he would come by early to help me.

"With him really?" Nick looks back at me, a hurt look on his face.

"Nick I'm not like that and you know it." Mike sees what's going on and leaves quickly, leaving Nick and I to fight.

"I just want to see you before you leave, can we talk?"

"No."

"Please?"

"I'll give you five minutes." I rub my face, forgetting the face mask I have on.

"I just wanted you to be happy. That's all I ever want, is for you to be happy."

"I was happy! I was so happy."

"Please princess, just forgive me."

"No, now get out."  I sigh, closing my window and blinds. I went in the bathroom, cleaning off my face mask.

"You were in love weren't you?" Gray asks, hugging me.

"We were Gray, I still am in love with him."

"What's love like?" I run my hand through Gray's hair, sighing again.

"Awful." It hurt me to say it: but Gray needs the truth. Falling in love didn't exist. It was all imagination. You just want to feel needed, and you do for a while. Then once the person molds you into what they want you to be, they leave, going to do the same to another victim.

"It sounds bad, I hope my heart is never broken like that."

"Stay gold, Gray, stay gold."

"Did you steal that from the Outsiders?" Gray laughs, letting go of me and sitting down.

"Maybe." I put some underwear in my bag, Gray groaning when he sees it.

"Honey?" My mom comes in the room, holding a letter.

"what's up?"

"Nick told me to give this to you. What's up with that boy?"

"No one knows mom, no one knows." I smile and take the letter, throwing it in my suitcase.

"Oh honey, shouldn't you read it?"

"Not now, maybe never." I shrug, grabbing my book.

"Honey, you have to forgive him." She leans on the bed.

"I know, I will, sooner or later."

»authors note«

Words excluding authors note- 562.

THAT IS THE END OF THE BUDDY PROJECT!

Thank you for all the support :)

Don't forget to vote and comment.

DO NOT REMOVE FROM LIBRARIES, THERE ARE STILL BONUS CHAPTERS.

Stay gold.

-Ashley.

(Not edited.)