Ch 3 - Two Hearts

Gumball's POV

"Sir,"

"Yes." I replied annoyed. I mean I already have enough trouble trying to find out where this girl came from, now what!

"There's been another thunderstorm disappearance."

None of this made any sense. It was as though storms were appearing and disappearing every few minutes.

If only I hadn't lost the 'prisoner'. Of course I was the idiot to send her to the dungeon. And for what? Making a snide comment to someone who was holding her hostage???

Estrella's POV

FINALLY! I'm out of that prison. The night sky is beautiful dark and empty except for the crescent moon that glows silver. I feel as though it calls to me silently.

"Where are we going?" I ask my travelling companion.

"We're gonna go to my place"

"Why—'' I start to ask

"Well where else do you have to go?" he interrupts.

I start grumbling but he says "Unless, of course, you're scared." And with that he flew ahead of me.

"I'm NOT scared of anything." I lie quickly.

"Oohhh...is that so? Then why were you muttering 'someone's there' repeatedly earlier. Huh? You were scared, right?"

"I WASN'T scared!!!" I state firmly.

"Uh huh...Someone's there OMGlob someone's there they're gonna kill me!" he impersonated me horribly.

"I wasn't scared of you!" I feel so embarrassed but mostly angry. Very very angry!

Marshall Lee's POV

I didn't know that I had made her so mad but right now that wasn't the problem. The problem was that the sky had just been clear and freakishly blank (without a star in the sky) but NOW there were grey clouds covering it. The clouds came out of nowhere and were now shooting red lightning bolts.

"Estrella!"

She turned around and stared at the sky looking confused and then understanding—at least I think it was "understanding"...

Estrella's POV

The moon told me the truth after Marshall showed me the storm. It all happened because of my feelings.

I need to keep them under control.

"I'm fine, Marshall." As soon as the words leave my mouth the sky clears up to where there is only the black sky and the shining moon.
My body wishes to fly up to the moon and stand beside it but I don't know why.

I stare up at the sky in wonder. It is so beautiful, the black night against the shining moon. But the moon feels lonely.

"Doesn't the sky look strange?" Marshall asks me.

"Wha—"

What does he mean???

As if it heard me the moon answers.

'He means the st—'

"You know the stars. They're gone." He said surely.

My face must have showed some of my confusion because he spoke again. "You don't know what stars are???"

'Stars are bursts of shimmering glittering light that fill up the darkness and grow. They have infinite space all around them. They are like a combination of the moon and the sun. They grant wishes and shine in the sky above the world. They stand aside the sun and the moon.'

"No..." I whisper remembering too much but not enough.

"Really you don't know?" Marshall asks thinking I was talking to him.

"No! I mean yes I know what a star is." I'm stuttering.

"Ooooooookay, let's get going. I mean we have to get to your cave right."

"How did you know that I lived in a cave?"

"I remem—" that was close I almost told him that I remembered. But no one can know what I remembered because if they did it would change everything. Not to mention that Prince Gum-wad was still looking for me.

"I mean didn't you say?" I corrected.

"I guess maybe..." Marshall went ahead leading me to his place.

Marshall's POV

"Never slept over at a guy's house before I'm guessing."

"Unless you count Prince Gum-wad, then no." she replied eyeing my house.

"Well you can sleep in here I guess." I say leading her to my room.

"Are we sleeping together?" she asks calmly.

"Yeah. Gotta problem??" I ask her with my normal tone of confidence.

"Not at all." She smirked back.

Estrella's POV

The sun and moon are pulling me

Back

And

Forth

Over

And

Over

I don't know how much more I can take

At first I am in pain

Being stretched so thin

But then-

~~~

"Estrella" I hear Marshall murmur my name in his sleep

It awakes me from my nightmare-ish dream and soon I settle back asleep with the sounds of his heart beat soothing me.

Ba Bum

Ba Bum

Ba Bum

~~~

I see two hearts one is dark yet beautiful and is standing aside the second who is half gold half purple. The two hearts combine and all that is seen is them beating as one.

Ba

Bum

Ba Bum...