1

My breathe caught in my throat as I saw him stride in. It was really disastrous the effect he had on me, honestly embarrassing. Though I didn't mind, as long as he didn't find out, that would be even more humiliating. Yes, I may have been crushing on him for a while and yes, I was a socially awkward freak that couldn't even pluck up the courage to say hi to him. God I was such an embarrassment.

Pushing his long, slender fingers through his dark hair, the boy smirked slightly as he sat down near his friend Scott, the alpha wolf I came to know about a while ago. His brown eyes seemed darker today, it looked as if he'd had no sleep and my heart lurched in concern. I could tell that something was off between the two boys lately, which was completely unusual to say the least. They had always been inseparable. More like brothers than friends. 

When class started, Mr Yukimura didn't seem to be as focused as normal. Something was definitely going on in the supernatural world, although I had vowed to my parents that I'd stay out of it as much as possible, it was too risky. I had to force this into my head, that it was dangerous, that I could be killed. Although every time I thought of this, I knew I was lying to myself, the temptation to be apart of something more than the rest of the world knew about intrigued me. 

If only I wasn't me. It would be so much easier. I thought to myself as I contemplated what was wrong with everyone today. I was perched on my plastic blue chair, towards the back of the room. My gaze fell on the back of the dark haired boy's head as it usually did. I couldn't help but notice his leg was shaking and his fingertips tapped quickly on the desk. Sure, he got agitated sometimes, but not this obvious, although no one else seemed to notice this so I just assumed it was nothing that extraordinary; that it was just me analyzing things too much.

God, I'm such a creep. Quit staring! I scolded myself. Removing my eyes, with what felt like a great effort, I focused on the lesson. Well, for 30 seconds until I zoned out. What? I can't help it that history kinda bores me. No offence to Mr Yukimura, he's a great teacher, but I don't really care about wars, they're so depressing.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts. The bright lights and the display screen set at the front of the room switched off, setting sparks flying from both the ceiling and all along the row of computers to the right of me. Now you'd think that the sunlight that shone through the long windows would light up the classroom, they didn't. Grey clouds smothered the sky, looking almost as if a hurricane was brewing. A few squeals were heard as all of this happened, and by the sounds of things, it seemed as if the entire school had submerged into darkness. 
The hallways outside were also atramentous I noticed as I peered around the area. Some of the students had retreated under the tables, others, like Scott McCall, were already on their feet. A certain knowingness appeared in his shadowed eyes. That's when I noticed, he wasn't there. My eyes frantically scanned the chaotic room once more. Nowhere. Stiles wasn't there...

***

First chapter done, what do you guys think? I know it's short but I think I'm going to stick to this size. I'm making Lisa slightly obsessed, I know, but it's all for a reason that I hope plays out okay, anyway thank you for reading!