Chapter 5: Behind Closed Doors

(Aubrey's POV)

I was still alone in my room when I heard a knock on the door, a faint knock. I hear sniffles before someone speaks.

"A- Aubrey, please, open up the door." The person sniffles again. Then they laugh and I realize who it is... Kevin. "You know, it feels like I am just talking to myself, I don't even know if you are in there. Please, talk to me." Then, there is silence before he does something unexpected.

He sniffles again and then shocks me.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... I'm feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you.

"Aubrey, I want to see you smiling face again. I want to see that beautiful personality I love so much. I want to see the person I can't be without. I love you, yet, I don't know if you love me anymore. Have you lost feelings for me? Have you found someone else? Am I not good enough?" He pauses for a second and thinks. "I get it. I couldnt make you happy. I couldn't do anything for you. I couldn't... help. So you hate me. That is why you are keeping yourself locked away from me." He begins to quietly cry.
I get off my bed and run to the door, unlock it, and open it wide.
Kevin jumps off the ground and looks at me. I begin to cry and I run into his arms. He catches me and holds me tightly.

"There, the-" I shut him up by putting my finger over his lips.

"No, no talking. I will always love you no matter what. I felt guilty for getting people hurt and I was debating leaving without telling anyone. I'm so-" this time he shuts me up, but instead of his finger, he kissed me.
We stood there for awhile before my stomach decided it was time to eat. We just laughed and went downstairs and Kevin made me some food.
I still feel guilty. I am still mad at myself. But, I won't tell anyone that.
At least, not for a while.

Hey my Bass Dragons! Wassup!! Okay so I need to know how many more chapters you guys want out of this because I feel the end coming on soon but I don't want to end it and you guys be all sad and yell at me for a continuation. So yeah!!!! Comment!!! Please!!!!