Chapter 1

Percy POV:

I was walking on the beach bordering Camp Half-Blood when I met an someone unexpected. But before I go into that, I should probably introduce myself. My name's Percy Jackson. I'm the seventeen year old demigod son of Poseidon. Is that all? Yeah, I think so. At least, that's everything important for the time being. Anyway, I was walking when a breathtakingly beautiful lady came up to me. "Percy." She said. Usually when someone (or something) knows your name it's time to be on high alert. This was no exception. "I need your help."

"Who are you?" I asked. Okay, maybe not the nicest question to ask someone, but you always need to be on your guard. She rolled her eyes, and her features shifted, making her even more breathtaking. "I'm feeling rather insulted. How can you now know who I am?" she asked me, batting her eyelashes. "What do you want, Aphrodite?" I sighed. "You don't need to be so rude! I don't always need to come for business. I could just be here for a friendly chat." She said, smiling dazzlingly. I snorted. "Fine. I need something." She sighed.

"What do you need?" I asked her, and she started to explain. "You see, Zeus and I are having an argument on Olympus. And it came to my attention that my daughter Piper, you know her?" I rolled my eyes. "I'll take that as a yes. Anyway, she's dating that Jupiter child and as cute as they may be, I need you to break them up." She said, looking me pleadingly. I was shocked. "Why would you want me to do it?"

"Well, your girlfriend isn't particularly fond of me... and your Roman friends... actually, I don't know. I guess it's because you are my favorite out of all of them. Besides Piper, of course. And all my other children. And I don't really know any of the other campers that well. So, I just came to you." She explained, shrugging. I sighed. "Well, Aphrodite, you chose the wrong person to ask. I'm not going to do that to my friends just because of some feud on Olympus." Aphrodite looked at me in anger. "I should go before Zeus realizes I'm here. But beware Percy Jackson, love is not a enemy you want to have." She said before she disappeared in a flash of light. The faint scent of perfume hung in the air.

"Hey Wise Girl." I said after I got back from the beach. "Seaweed Brain." She replied, punching my arm, as we walked back to Camp. She had been waiting for me on Half-Blood Hill. "I saw Aphrodite on my walk. Apparently, she and Zeus are having some sort of conflict. She asked me to get Piper to break up with Jason." I told her as we entered the camp. "Did you say yes?" She asked, a trace of worry in her eyes. Piper was her best friend, and she and Jason were happy together. If anything happened between them, Piper would be heartbroken. And as Piper's best friend, Annabeth's job was to comfort her and make sure that never happened. "No. Why would I? Jason and Piper are happy together, and they're both my friends." I said, smiling. Annabeth kissed me, and it felt as it always did. Awesome."That's great. Anyway, we need to get to Archery Practice." She said, tugging me along. I sighed. "Fine." I grumbled. Archery was pretty much my worse subject. Ever.

I spent the next few days hanging out with my friends at Camp, and basically having an awesome time. I love every second of the time I spend at Camp, it's my home. We played Capture the Flag, claimed the rock wall, hung out at the lake, and did a whole bunch of other stuff. I love camp. Of course, I should have known better to think my troubles were over.