Chapter 13

Perci's POV:

We'd been on the bus for about 6 hours and 40 minutes. Now before you compliment me on my amazing math skills, I didn't do it. I checked a clock. I'd switched seats every once and a while, so I would sit next to different people. I just did it when I got bored. For now, I was next to Jason. I had just woken up from a satisfying nap, and felt refreshed. "Are we there yet?" I asked him again. He had a bored expression on his face and was looking out the window. "No." He said. I waited for about thirty seconds before asking again. "No." He said agin. "AAGGHH!" I said, and threw my hands up in the air. "I'M BORED!!" I said. Maybe I said it a little louder than I intended, because some mortals looked over. 

"SHH!" Some old ladies hissed. I sighed. I stared out the window before fidgeting again. "Jason, do you have a bottle of water?" I asked him, and he gave me one. I emptied about half of it and started floating the water around. It really wasn't as easy as it is in the movies. I felt some sweat developing on my brow, and I strained to keep the water in the little bubbles, like in space. It was fun, but it was taxing. I let it float around, in front of Jason, then Leo and Nico. It was something to do. Eventually, I got bored of that and put it back. "Thanks, dude." I said, handing Jason his water bottle. He smiled at me. "Don't mention it." 

"No, seriously. ADHD sucks." I said, and he laughed. "I doubt even a mortal without ADHD would have been able to sit still the whole ride." He pointed out. "Yeah, I guess so." I said, smiling. After a minute of comfortable silence, I couldn't sit still any longer. "Are we there yet?" I asked again, and Jason groaned. "Not that again, Perci." He said, and I laughed. "Sorry, ADHD here." I said. He nodded, but seemed a little distracted. "What?" I asked, since he was staring at me, brows furrowed in thought. 

"Nothing. It's just... you remind me so much of your brother Percy." Jason said thoughtfully. "Then that isn't really nothing, is it?" I said teasingly. He smiled, then went back to thinking. "When did you see him?" I was in hot water now. Not that I have anything against hot water. In fact, I rather like it. It's great in showers, but only when it's the right temperature. "Hello?" Jason asked, waving a hand in front of my face and bringing me back to reality. "Huh?" I asked intelligently. 

By this point, we'd crossed the Canada border. "Welcome to Canada, eh?" I said, impersonating a really bad Canadian accent. Jason laughed. "You know Canadians don't really speak like that, right?" He said, and I shrugged. "It's my accent, I can do what I want with it. Eh." I added as an afterthought. "Just ask Frank. He's Canadian, and I've never heard him say 'eh.'" Jason pointed out. I sniffed at him. "Stop being such a party pooper, eh?" I told him. 

Jason laughed, then turned serious. "Now what where we talking about... right! I asked you when you met Percy." He said. "Oh, I... um..." I started, and then the bus suddenly stopped. "Sorry for the inconvenience, but we need to stop the bus. There appears to be something wrong with the engine. Please stay seated until we figure it out." He said, and I turned to Jason again. Suddenly, something behind him caught my eye. "Whoa." I breathed, and Jason looked confused. "Look!" I said, pointing behind him. There, Niagara Falls majestically... well... fell. The thousands of gallons of water glinted in the sunlight, and the spray created rainbows that danced in the sunlight. Jason looked back, and took an intake of breath. It really was amazing. "Awesome." I said, grinning. 

"What's so great about a bunch of water falling down a cliff?" Leo asked behind me. I grabbed Jason's water bottle again and squirted Leo with water. "That." I said before settling down in my seat. "That doesn't even make sense!" Leo protested while Jason and I laughed. Nico scowled. "You got water on me." I looked back, and there was some water on him. "Sorry." I apologized as I concentrated. The water on him slowly lifted up, and dumped itself on Leo. It wasn't much, but I was still tired. "Hey!" Leo protested again as Nico cracked a smile. We hi-fived.