Chapter 7

Perci's POV:

I woke up to see the sun shining in my eyes and to a black blur standing over me. "AAAGH!" I yelled, jumping to my feet. Geez, boss, it's only me. The pegasus said matter of factly. I wondered what I was doing in the stables, then remembered the events of last night.

*Flashback*

After I'd talked to Nico, I sprinted down the beach. I looked around frantically, looking for a place to hide. I'd escaped the cabin while the girls were getting ready for the make overs, and wanted it to stay that way. I ran up, and noticed the stables. I dove in before Piper walked by, softly calling my name as not to disturb the pegasi. I looked up and saw them all staring at me. "What?" I asked, before they all started asking questions.

Who is that?

What is she doing in the stable?

At this time of night, too! I'm tired!

"Whoa, whoa, calm down. I'll answer all of your questions soon." I said, raising my hands in a soothing gesture. The pegasi stopped talking, and just stared at me. You can understand what we're saying? Blackjack, my pegasus, asked. Yeah, I'm a child of Poseidon. I responded to him, and all the pegasi did a double take. Another one? Geez, Lord should lay off a bit! They said, and I laughed. You really don't know who I am? I said, and they shook their heads. But Blackjack started studying me closely. Boss? He said, and I laughed. You got that right, Blackjack. I said to him. I was pestered with questions again, and I told them the whole story. The horses laughed at me. Oh come on! You guys too? I said indignantly. I would have liked to see you in make up and a dress, boss. Blackjack said, and some of the other pegasi took up the joke. "Not funny." I muttered, and they all laughed. Anyway, I need a favor. The pegasi stopped laughing and looked at me curiously. I need a place to stay while the girls are looking for me. My cabin is off limits at this point. After the words came out of my mouth (or my brain, or.... well, at this point I really don't know where they came from. Anyway!), I considered how sad they were. I couldn't even sleep in my own cabin, on the run from a bunch of girls. Wow. 

So you want to sleep in the stables? Porkpie continued for me. I rubbed the back of my neck. Yeah. You wouldn't mind, would you? I asked the horses. Not at all, Lord! One said, and Blackjack snorted. I shot him a look. I like the sound of that. I said. Whatever, boss. Can I have some donuts? He asked me, and I sighed. "Fine." I muttered, before making myself comfortable in the hay. Can I have some too? Me too? Ditto! The rest of the pegasi asked. FINE! I shouted to them, and they all shut up. Thank you. I'll get you guys some donuts as soon as I can. I said, before settling down in the hay. 

*Flashback done*

It's a wonder that the girls didn't find you, you were snoring up a storm! Guido laughed, and the rest joined in. I scowled. "Shut it, your donuts are on the line." I said, and they did. "That's more like it." I said as I walked out. I could hear the pegasi chuckling as I left, though. As I headed to the pavilion, Annabeth came running up to me. "Where were you Seaweed Brain?! We searched everywhere!" She said, concern visible in her eyes. "Aww, you're concerned about me." I joked, and the concern turned to anger. She judo flipped me and put her arm against my neck. "Hey, chill out, Wise Girl." I said, laughing. "I'm here now, so everything's fine." I smiled, and pecked her on the lips. She took her arm from my neck, and helped me up. 

"Perci..." She said uncertainly as I brushed myself off. "What is is, Wise Girl?" I said, taking her hand. She looked up at me, and my smile faltered. "What is it?" I asked, and she led me to the forest to talk. "You're a girl now." She began, and I shook my head. "No... really? I haven't noticed. Geez, Wise Girl, you're smarter than that." I laughed, and she glared at me for the interruption. "As I was saying..." She said pointedly, and faltered. "Perci, since your a girl now, where does that put us?" She asked, and my smile died as I took in the weight of what she said. "It would look weird if we continued to be a couple, now that your a girl." I shook my head. "But I'm not a girl, Annabeth. I'm still a guy. Just... trapped in a girl's body?" I said, but it came out as more of a question. Annabeth noticed, and shook her head.