Chapter 3

Piper's POV:

I heard a knock on the Aphrodite cabin and I went to get it. I opened the door to see Annabeth, and the girl from earlier. She had tousled raven black hair that went down to about her shoulder blades, though it was cut in uneven lengths. She had startling sea green eyes, with a glint of humor and mischief that would mark her a troublemaker. She was a slim figure, but she was tall. She had muscles, but not so much that she looked like a female bodybuilder. But she had enough to give you trouble if you asked for it. She squirmed, not really enjoying the attention. "Hey Annabeth! How can I help you?" I asked, inviting her in. "We've got a problem." She said, sitting on my bunk. "How so?" I asked. Annabeth opened her mouth, and a fit of giggles burst forward. She started to roll on the bunk, laughing. I looked at her in confusion, and then looked at the girl besides her. She sighed, looked bored and impatient. There was something oddly familiar about her...

"Annabeth, don't you think that's enough?" She said impatiently, and that feeling was reinforced. She was so like someone, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I sighed in frustration. "Chill out, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said once she recovered, and it clicked for me. "Percy?!" I asked, rounding on the girl. He (or she, I don't know which!) smiled sheepishly at me. "The one and only." She (I'm just going to go with that) replied. I looked at him in shock, then burst out laughing. Annabeth had just recovered, but once she saw me laughing, she did too. Tears came to her eyes. "Oh my gods, Percy... what happened?" I asked in between my laughter. I'm sorry, it was funny!

She sighed. "First off, I think you should call me Perci now, since it's more... feminine. Second, Aphrodite cursed me." He said. The last bit effectively got me to shut up. "Mom?! Why? She never had anything against you!" I said, looking at her. She smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "Tell me the whole story, from the top." I commanded him, and he started. He told my how Mom wanted to break up Jason and I, how he refused, then the dream last night, and waking up as a girl. I nodded. "Do you know how long you'll be a girl for?" She shook her head no. "Hmm." I thought, and I looked at Annabeth. "In the meantime..." I said, looking at her for conformation. She nodded, her eyes twinkling. "What?" Perci asked, looking between us. "In the meantime..." I trailed off, looking to Annabeth. "You should probably know how to be a girl, and stuff. We do things differently than you boys do. We are totally having a sleepover." She said, and I laughed at the look on Perci's face. Her face turned as pale as a ghost, with her eyes as big as saucers. "You're kidding, right?" He asked Annabeth pleadingly. She showed no mercy. "Yup. Your place, tonight. Piper, bring your makeup kit. And call Hazel as well." She said, turning to me.

If Perci could look even more like a ghost, he did. "Well, ladies, I'm sorry to say that I'm... busy... tonight and you won't be able to come over." She said uncertainly. Annabeth raised her eyebrow. "Really? And what, may I ask, are you doing tonight?" She said, hands on her hips and eyebrow raised. "I... um..." I could see the gears in her brain turning, frantically trying to find an excuse. "I..." She tried again, "I have to clean the stables!" She said, nodding frantically. We both looked at her. "What?" She said. "That is probably the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard." Annabeth said, and I nodded. Perci gulped. "See you tonight!" Annabeth said cheerily to me as she dragged Perci out the door. Perci looked like we were going to her execution instead of a sleepover. I couldn't blame the poor kid. This was going to be awesome! I walked out the door after them.

Perci's POV:

"Why did you do that! You know that I can't do those things! And there is NO WAY that I will ever be caught dead wearing a dress! Or makeup! That's only for girls..." I stopped as I saw Annabeth's face. "And you are a girl now, am I right?" "But.." I nodded meekly at the look on her face. "And you should know how to behave like one, am I right?" I nodded again. "Good. The matter is settled. I'll see you tonight at your cabin. Now, let's talk about something else."