Chapter 1 - Travelling to the Past

Dean slammed the door of the Impala closed after we got in. He was pissed and so were Sam and I. This was the fourth dead end we had come across - we just couldn't find the body anywhere. This meant we couldn't get rid of the murderous poltergeist that had suddenly manifested in a house in Michigan and had already killed 10 people in the last week only!

"I don't get it! Where the hell was this bitch buried?!" growled Dean as he started the car and drove us back to the motel.

"It's like she's just vanished into thin air but she's still haunting the place..." I mused, still baffled myself. My mind wandered to the first case I'd taken care of which was very similar to this one; it was also the one where I'd met the brothers and had decided to finally follow my destiny.

It had all happened a year earlier. I was 23, living on my own, as I had been for the previous 5 years ever since I'd found out I was different. Ever since I'd turned 18, I'd started having visions and seeing things which normal people couldn't; I found out I had certain powers, and even though I'd found out what I was eventually, I tried to keep to myself as much as I could. I'd refused to accept my destiny. Five years on, I was minding my own business when the mysterious disappearances started happening and this time, a close friend of mine had disappeared so I made a decision that would change my life forever and started looking for her. I'd begun by asking around and found out that the last place she'd been to was the old, abandoned house up the hill. People had said it was haunted before and kids had gone in and out of it too but they had never disappeared until recently. That's how I'd run into the brothers - they were looking for the same thing I was, in the house, in the middle of the night. We all got quite a bit of a scare when we bumped into each other.

After about a week or so, we managed to put the spirits to rest together. They'd already found out I wasn't like other humans but they still protested when I'd asked to tag along.

"I have nothing here...I wanna help you guys out..." I had said to them finally.

"Okay, look. You've got to understand that if you go down this road, you can never be normal again...never have a normal life!" said Dean sternly after mulling my words over.

"I was never normal..." I snorted. And that was it. I left with them. They soon learned that I was indeed not normal - I was stronger, faster than any other human and possessed a few other hidden powers. I was also fearless and healed quicker than humans.

I am a Nephilim but I'd never told them exactly what I was - they just knew I was different.

So, here we all were, a year later; completely stumped by this case. How in the nine hells does someone lose a body?! There was no record of a cremation - only a burial and there were no leads as to any possible items that held her ghost on our plane.

***

"I think there's only one solution left..." said Sam, two nights later when we were gathered in their motel room.

"Enlighten me!" scoffed Dean. He was still pissed that it had taken us this long on a case and we still hadn't found anything. He doubted very much that Sam had a brilliant idea.

"Time travel..."

Both Lily and Dean looked at him with incredulous looks.

"What? It's not like we haven't done it before! I'm pretty sure Cas can help us out," he replied trying to convince his brother and friend.

"You called?"

Everyone jumped. Typical of Cas to just appear out of nowhere when his name was mentioned.

"Jesus...you have got to stop doing that!" muttered Lily. Even though she was fond of the angel, especially since he was one of the only ones who seemed to accept her, she hated the way he just appeared out of nowhere.

"Sorry... I can't help you though..."

"What do you mean you can't help us? It's just two frikkin' seconds to send us all back to the past, maybe a couple of days before the lady dies!" said Dean, his anger and frustration clearly showing.

"I mean I don't have enough power to send you back for more than one day," replied the angel in a calm manner.

"Great! Just great...what the hell are we supposed to do?"

"I can help!" said a familiar voice behind them. They all turned to find Gabriel there. Lily's eyes went wide.

"HELL NO! NOT HIM!" she cried out as she inched further towards Castiel. She looked a little afraid but she also looked pissed off.

"What's wrong with Gabriel?" asked Sam, confused.

"Hello my dear," greeted Gabriel with a smirk towards Lily.

"Bite me!" she replied.

Dean frowned and looked from Lily to Gabriel, "Is there something we should know about?"

***

Before Gabriel got a chance to answer him, I quipped in, "Just drop it, Dean. Look, Gabriel, we need to go back to the past to find some old lady who died back in 1942 and burn her bones then because we sure as hell can't find them now. I'm pretty sure we'll need more than one day...Can you do it, or not?"

Gabriel was about to retort back but decided against it and sighed, "I can give you as many days as you want...I'll send you back to the day before she died and once you find and burn her bones, I'll bring you all back."

"He can do that?" Dean asked Cas with wide eyes.

"Hey! I'm an archangel...I'm much more powerful than Castiel!" he replied in his usual smug tone.

"Oh cut the crap and send us back!" I replied crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at him.

"Fine! Got everything you need?" he asked with a dejected sigh. Everyone of us nodded and in a flash we were transported back to 1942 in an alley.

***

to be continued...