Chapter One

She looked around cautiously, finally sitting down at the bar. Her arm bore a small tattoo on her arm that was all writing. It was unintelligible to understand.

Taking a sip of the booze in front of her, seemingly unable to resist the temptation. However, just after gulping down that swig, she felt bile rise up in her throat. Her hand immediately fell to her swollen stomach. Clearly she is pregnant. Perhaps at the beginning of the third trimester or so.

Yet this foolish young woman who looked to be in her twenties felt her alcohol addiction too strong to resist. She had wavy blonde hair that hung down her back, and light golden brown eyes with tan white skin and many freckles. Now this blonde woman had taken a swig or two of booze, she was able to go back and not feel the drawbacks for a few days. Such an addiction was not uncommon for the people here.

"Ace..." She whispered as she went to sleep that night.

The next morning she got a shower, looking at the tattoo on her back longingly through her reflection in the mirror. It was the Whitebeard pirate tattoo. She became lost in thought as she got dressed and dried her hair.

After she had done her daily prep and cleaned the baby room, she ran to do some errands in town. Her house was up on a hill just outside of town, so it would take about fifteen minutes to get into town. The routine for shopping went something like this; groceries, toiletries, tissues, and any baby supplies she felt necessary. During this time, she could weave through town for a few hours to get what she wanted. 

Although this was a seemingly regular pattern, it quickly became out of the ordinary. Kana's stomach throbbed and pain seared as she realized that she had broken her water earlier when she thought she was having that stupidly extreme need to pee. In exasperation, she called out to the townspeople with gritted teeth, "Is anyone here a doctor?!" 

No one spoke up, so the blonde tried to focus on getting to the nearest clinic. Thankfully, one clinic was not very far away, and the doctor was just about to leave.

"Doctor! Doctor, I broke my water! Please, help me. Help my child!" She groaned with another contraction coming stronger than before. 

Quickly, the doctor opened the door to lay her down on the closest couch and closed the blinds for the front of the building. He was experienced as a midwife. After giving Kana a pain-killer, she lost focus. Even with that pain-killer, her pain was immense.

Finally, the doctor shouted, "One more push! Come on, the baby is almost out!" Kana blacked out for a moment, but came to as the doctor spoke to her once again.

"There were some slight complications, but you had a healthy baby boy." Said the sweating doctor as he cleaned the newborn and made sure there were no other complications.

Kana was sweating and her body was now tense, but she gazed in awe at the child that had just been passed to her arms. Her gaze rested on the child's furious expression as she thought of what Ace and she had agreed on.

"My son's name is Portgas D. Sabo." The former pirate declared, tightly holding her child, letting him cry by her chest in happiness and relief.

Kana smiled tenderly at the baby; her son, "I'm sure he will be just like you..."

The doctor wondered to himself how she had held the child in her womb all this time while drinking alcohol at the same time. Still, the child was healthy enough to go with the mother immediately after birth. He quickly got her a wheelchair to send her back to her home with the baby, and left the copy of the receipt with her at her home to pay for when she was well enough. Everyone in town knew her. She's an outcast. Kana's parents resented her for trying to marry an infamous pirate. None of the townspeople helped her except when money was involved. So, Kana had no one to rely on after the child was born, so she moved away when Sabo was old enough to travel by boat; to Ace's hometown. 

-----------
New A/N; So I decided to revamp this book! I am in college now, so I don't have a lot of time, but I can at least get off to a good start.

Old A/N; Heyo! A better One Piece Fan-Fic than my past ones, I'd say!