Extra; Kana's Brother

A/N; this is also a short story for my English class so please comment and offer corrections <3

3rd POV

In a town by the ocean, in a small house, a family of four lived. They weren't very happy, but were a family nonetheless. An older couple with two children, a girl and a boy, lived off of a small bar that they owned further into the town. One day, their daughter, Kana, would own it and run it.

It all started on her brother's twenty-first birthday. Kana had turned fifteen the month before, and had only just heard that her brother Lacrus was to go into the Marines in less than a year. The two siblings were very loving and told each other everything. Lacrus was very protective of his little sister, especially with an abusive father and controlling mother, however, he was not always around and his sister did suffer.

Around lunch time on Lacrus' birthday, Emy, a girl from the town, came to see him. She confessed her, "undying love," for him and how she would, "never be able to live without him." Her eyelashes seemed fake at the least, batting every so often. When Lacrus finally responded, Kana had been listening through the door, and waiting to hear what he would say about this evil girl. Emy has bullied Kana since they were in middle school, so she wanted to see that she was thoroughly rejected. However, Lacrus accepted her feelings and decided to go out with her.

In Lacrus's mind, all he could see was a beautiful girl asking him, a rather average guy, on a date. He couldn't see past her beauty into her heart and began to pursue her back.

The two became very affectionate within a matter of days and Kana decided she had to put a stop to it. This girl has not stopped bullying her even while dating her brother! In fury, Kana decided to set up a plan.

While their parents were away, Kana called Emy to the house alone, hoping that she would not foil her plans.

"Oh my, what do we have here? My dear boyfriend's beloved little sister. What can I do for you?" Emy batted her eyes as though she were innocent, but she would end up hurting this little girl's feelings no matter what, or so she thought.

"I just wanted to ask if we could hang out, like my brother and I do." Kana grinned at Emy in confidence.

"Oh, be quiet you little brat! Like I would hang out with you. I have better things to do than waste time on your little relationship." Emy snapped impatiently, she never was one to handle things carefully.

"And I don't suppose you ever will." Lacrus stepped in from the back door with a scowl on his face, "How dare you speak to my little sister that way?!"

In nearly a moment, Emy had shrunk and looked terrified of the siblings. What had she just done? She must not have been thinking clearly when she messed with these siblings!

"Get out of our house!" Shouted an annoyed and disappointed Lacrus.

Kana decided to add on quickly, "And stay out!"

Barely a noise was heard as Emy scrambled out the front door and back into town. She didn't want to ever see either of them again.

Lacrus hugged his little sister tightly, "I'm sorry Kana, I'll never do that again."

Kana looked up at him and smiled from ear to ear, "That's better. I have to check who you date, okay?"

"You have to be careful of who you date too. He has to go through me before he gets the right to date you!" Lacrus added, and then patted his sister on the head lovingly.

After that, their family was back to normal, well, what they would consider normal. Neither sibling, however, got another special other without the other sibling's permission.