Extra; Kana's Flashback Part 3

Kana's POV
---

I still remember the day he left. It was a sad morning in June. He had given me the Whitebeard pirate tattoo on my back and my name imprinted on my arm as a gift. At that point, neither of us had any idea of what was going on.

But when he was gone for a year, and my stomach began to swell, I knew I had to tell him. Three days after I wrote a letter to him about coming home, I heard in the town that he'd been captured and put on death sentence.

When I first heard he was in jail, I scoffed and told the townspeople there was no way he was in prison. He'd be the first one out if that was the case!

But the days passed and I grew more worried.

The guilt of waiting this long was horrible, and I was scared. Scared of what, I'm not sure, perhaps it was both the fact that I'm pregnant with his child, and that he's to die within a month.

After a week, he was executed, I watched every single last minute of it, even though it hurt me so. The anxiety was hurting my body and I needed to release some of it by seeing this. To know that I'm not holding on to something that's not here anymore. The love that had hurt and mended my heart so many times-all of a sudden gone.

But I still had my baby.

Then, with renewed passion, I tried for many months to find Luffy, Ace's non-biological brother. When the letter finally reached him, I was ready to give up, but I kept on a brave face. He needed the comfort more than I did. Luffy... He was with my lover longer than I was, so I'm jealous of him, but still. I will protect our bond.

Our bond won't last for much longer though... It's been too hard on my body to hold this child in any longer.

Just a little longer...

My love...