Extra; Kana's Flashback Part 1

Kana's POV
---

It all started when he came to the bar on a Saturday in August. His black hair was slicked back with sweat and his strange orange hat was hanging behind him, tied around his neck by a strap. With a manly necklace dangling around his neck and no shirt on, he looked handsome, but not to me. He looked just like every other man around here, a stranger. A cheerful and toothy smile made me crack one of my own, and I realized just how many freckles he had on his face.

He was speckled! This made me chuckle, and he tilted his head and ran his hand through his long black hair, making it fall nearly even down the middle.

"What's that laugh for?" He asked with curiosity and slight flirtatiousness.

"I don't know, maybe just that I've never seen someone so speckled as you."

"Speckled? Oh, you mean my freckles?" I nodded, holding back another laugh.

"Maybe you should look in the mirror." He said, seeming to laugh at my words. I looked at him with a face that said, 'Don't go there, mister.'

"Anyways, what food do ya got here? I'm starving."

---

"Are you sure you can even pay for the food?" I asked as he wolfed down the plates of meat and bowls of soup.

"I've got the money." He said with his mouth full.

I looked over him thoughtfully. A dagger, weird clothes, bad spelling on his arm...

"Is your name Ace?" I asked in curiosity.

"Yeah, how'd ya know?" He asked with more caution and seriousness as he ate.

"You're horrible at spelling, you know." I pointed at his arm with no fear.

Men have never scared me after my father tried to kill me. He got better, but my mom and I were still abused whenever I visited. I worry about her everyday.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Kana. Leave me a tip." I winked at him and gave him one last glance before turning back to the kitchen.

"Thanks for looking me over. You've got a nice body too." I began furiously blushing.

"I was just wondering what your occupation was!" I shouted and slammed the kitchen door behind me.

All I could hear through the door was a chuckle and the words, "Did I say it wrong?"

---

A few months later, he came again, this time with more of his friends.

"Ace? You're back?" The words came out quickly, as though I missed him.

He had been my source of entertainment in this boring town, and this was only the third time I'd seen him. This time he was wearing a shirt and his hat was on his head. It was winter, of course. I mentally scolded myself for speaking so readily and rashly.

"Hey." He said with a casual grin, waving his friends on.

"Are you gonna pay this time?" I growled angrily at him, ready to bare my fangs at this back-stabber.

He said he'd pay his tab last time, but he just ran off!

"She's a feisty one!" Grumbled the one under his breath.

"Women are scary." Said another.

"She would look cute in a dress like the one we saw earlier." Cooed another one.

"Ugh. Why'd you have to bring friends? It's not a social! It's a bar!" I pointed out.

"But what do people do at bars? Drink with friends!" Cheered a random man from behind them all, making most of them shout and yell in joy.

I huffed one last time and prepared a feast for them, along with a ton of booze. Men weren't trustworthy, but I couldn't let anyone starve.

A loud crash broke my careful walking, and a muscleman flew into me, making me drop the booze I'd been carrying.

I stood up with fury, no one fights in my bar!

"Get out, you good for nothing scoundrel! You won't get anymore booze or food at my bar!" I growled, standing my ground against the drunkard.

"Oh shut up you bi-" He never finished his sentence because I kicked him in the face and knocked him to the ground.

I winced in pain as I realized I'd hurt my leg in the tumble with the muscleman earlier.

Getting over the pain, I didn't notice the drunkard get up and try to attack me again. But as soon as I noticed it, it was already too late. His sword was coming in fast, it was just a matter of time before my head flew.

But it never did.

A black shirt and long black hair were in my face as I opened my eyes. Ace?!

I pulled away from the scene to get a better look at it. I never did have good vision.

"Ace?" I asked hesitantly as I saw blood drip on the floor.

When I realized it was the other man's blood, I decided to scold him harshly. It's his fault for making me clean all this up!

"Ace?! Are you letting that blood seep into my hard-wood floors?! Clean it up right now, you!" Although I meant it, my voice was slightly playful and satisfied that the event had ended fine.

"Y-Yes ma'am." He stuttered, scared, and took the man out of the building and began to clean the floor.

The men that Ace had brought with him were speechless.

"That's better." I mumbled, then turning my back to them, "I'll get some more booze!"

The happy mood returned with the mentioning of booze and their cheering could be heard throughout the entire town.