03.

chapter dedicated to Nashobooty and damon-loves-pie

"OKAY," said Nick as he cleaned his sweaty palms on his shorts, "are you sure this is going to work?"

"Come on," said Nova as she patted his shoulder, "You can do this."

After his small encounter outside Dan's bathroom, Nova had requested Nick to take her 'somewhere'. Of course, this being Nova who asked, Nick didn't think twice and he asked for Wes' truck keys. Wes being completely wasted just threw them at him.

Now, the brunette boy was standing with the blonde girl outside a Liquor Shop that was too far away from the city. It almost looked like they were on the highway, the shop being the only gas station on the road.

"But what if he asks for my ID?" asked Nick as he licked his lips nervously.

"Okay, Nick," said Nova, putting her hands together as if she was praying "I know this dude, he doesn't care about ID's or the time it is. He only cares about money."

"Then why don't you go in?" Nick asked looking down at her. Even though she was tall, Nick was still taller.

Nova sighed, clearly getting frustrated.

"I may have insulted him once." she muttered, looking at the shop.

Nick smirked, "what? Why? What did you say to him?"

"Well he literally told me that he wouldn't give me the bottle until a flashed him, so..."

"So?"

Nova looked at him with pursed lips, "I told him that his tiny dick wasn't worth the bottle aloud. The place was full."

Nick chuckled and looked above her while muttering a 'wow'. This girl didn't care at all.

"Okay, so can you go now, please?" said Nova with a plea in her eyes.

Nick smiled, forgetting about the nervousness and making his way to the shop.

Once he entered, he noticed the strong smell of tobacco and weed that filled the air. This dude was totally a stoner.

Nick went to the freezers and took a medium bottle of Bacardi Razz. He was going to the cashier when he stopped and looked around, finding the isle he was looking for.

Without hesitation, he went through the isle and grabbed a big bag of Cheetos.

As Nick approached the cashier, he silently prayed that the boy behind it was stoned enough to not ask for his nonexistent ID.

Nick placed the bottle and the Cheetos on the counter, and the boy scanned them easily.

"It's that it?" he asked boringly.

"Yeah," Nick said with a deep voice, clearing his throat afterwards.

"It'll be twenty-four dollars." the boy said.

Nick handed the money to the cashier, who never looked at him. The cashier packed the cold bottle and the Cheetos on a 'Thank You' bag and handed it to Nick.

"Have a good one." he said, sitting down and reaching for a men's only magazine.

Nick hurried outside, taking a deep breath and enjoying the smell of fresh air.

Nova turned around as she heard the hard footsteps against the pavement.

Once her eyes met his, Nick lifted the bag like it was a trophy. Nova's smiled filled her face, lighting it up as she approached Nick and high fived him.