12.

JUST as Nick finished the last sip of his coffee, he turned his head to look at Nova, who peacefully closed her eyes as the sun shone on her face while a soft breeze played with her blonde locks delicately. It wasn't a secret than whenever Nick saw Nova, he would feel this sudden rush of emotions all inside him, plus the adrenaline that came with it whenever she touched his skin. But there was something Nick wouldn't ever get tired of: staring at her when she wasn't aware.

"What do you want to do next?" Nick asked, just as Nova slowly opened her eyes.

She looked at him with a soft smile plastered on her lips.

"I don't know," she said, her eyes darting to the ground. It was almost as her smile had turned nostalgic. "I actually miss going to a party."

Nick laughed, looking at the sky as the wind played with his short hair. He then looked at her.

"Well, it's been sometime since we've gone to one." Nick stated, trying to remember when was the last time he had gone to a party. Sadly, it seemed to him that the last time was when he was drugged at The Church.

They stayed silent for a while, Nick thinking about that night and how, when they left, Nova took care of him. He glanced at her, who was staring at the ground, and wondered what she could possibly be thinking about.

As if his curiosity was too obvious, Nova looked at him before saying,

"I think I should throw a party."

"When?" Nick asked.

"Tonight."

"Tonight? Like you're telling them right now?"

"Yeah, why not?"

Nick bit his lip and began thinking if people would actually show up with such short notice.

"So, do you agree?" Nova asked, fishing for Nick's eyes.

Nick barely had time to smile when he noticed how Nova wanted his opinion before she would do anything.

"Yeah," he said, glancing at the buildings "Do it."

AFTER Nova stated how Nick was 'smelly' and needed to 'be handsome for the party', she dropped him off at his house so he could get a shower. As Nick got upstairs, he peeked into her mother's room, only to find it empty. He quickly made his way over to his bedroom, taking no time to close the door as he stripped his clothes off and ran to the bathroom.

He turned the cold water on and let his hair soak first as he closed his eyes, feeling how it ran down his face to his chest, then to the rest of his body until it landed on the acrylic bottom. It was out of question to say, Nick took his time while showering.

When he finished, he simply wrapped a towel around his waist and stepped into the room, only to be received by the message alert of his phone. He glanced quickly at the lit screen, reading the text he just received.

FROM: Orlando

Party at Nova's place tonight!!!! Bring your own booze and stuff, y'all know where it is and if you don't then you're screwed lol.

Nick rolled his eyes as a small laugh came out from his lips. He didn't even talk to Orlando much, and when he did it was because he was his lab partner. Even though he seemed like an asshole, Orlando was actually pretty nice when you got to know him. He was part of the small fraction of the potheads that acknowledged his existence, and he was thankful that people like Orlando didn't care about him.

But with how much he had changed over the summer, it was weird to see how Nick's new friends were so alike Orlando.

Not even an hour had passed since Nick was home as he swung the door to his car open and drove to Nova's house, with no music on. All he needed for entertainment on the road was the sound of the wind entering through his window and the thoughts on his head about a particular blonde girl in his head.