Nerd to Risktaker

I didn't even bother putting on my helmet, if I fell off and died so be it. I was leaning against Keith's back and just closed my eyes. We pulled up to a, tattoo parlor? "What are we doing here?"
"I planned on getting a new tattoo, duh." He said and I sighed uneasily.
"Do you even have room for another tattoo, both your arms are already covered."
"Isn't someone observant," he messed up my hair and I glared at him, "I'm not getting a tattoo on my arm." I didn't even realize we were already inside the empty building but here we were and it's not exactly what I imagined, it wasn't dirty or run down it had a nice waiting area, band posters that I'm pretty sure I have on my wall at my dad's house. "I have most of these in my room." I said with a slight half-smile.
"Awesome." Keith was flipping through a book of all sorts of designs inside. I was slowly getting used to the blur of being without glasses, I've learned I'm pretty near sighted. "Keith, my boy! How's my favorite client?" A guy who towered over me  shouted.
"Pretty good, Trav, pretty good." He greeted back with slightly less enthusiasm, which I can't say I didn't expect from him.
"Who's the broad you brought?"
"Just a friend."
"Your friend has a name." I interjected and he rolled his eyes at me from what I could tell.
"Whatever, Red." He replied and I huffed.
"Well is "Red" getting a tat, too?" He asked and I scoffed.
"yeah right. I'm not getting a tattoo."
"I dare ya." Keith smirked and I narrowed my eyes at him.
"Last time you dared me to do something I almost totaled your mom's car." And you know how this probably ended, in a ridiculous argument like usual it ended with me giving in as long as it was small. I'm such a pushover... Keith went first, he was getting it on his chest where he already had three medium sized tattoos, I couldn't make them out too well without my glasses though. Although I could perfectly make out how he looked without a shirt, god did I feel awkward. He asked for a quote, I forgot what it was I was too busy being awkward but the script was really nice. "Doesn't it hurt?" I cringed and he shrugged which didn't help my anxiety. He got up half an hour later and it was my turn. "What can I do for ya, doll?" He asked as he changed the needle and all that stuff.
"Uhm, can I have something like this?" I asked, picking up my locket, it was a white heart with a black treble clef I'm the middle. He nodded and started to map out how he was going to make it.
I was halfway through the tattoo and it didn't hurt as much as I expected. "How are you so calm? My first one hurt like hell." Keith asked in shock. I looked to my upper arm where Travis was working.
"I've had worse." I sighed, hoping no one heard.
"What?" Keith questioned.
"What?" I shot back, raising an eyebrow.
"You told me she was shy but you didn't mention awkward..."
"Hey!"
"Sorry, doll, I ain't no liar." He told me as he patted my shoulder and gave me a mirror to look at it.
"I actually like it!" I grinned. It looked great though it stung like hell right now. He gave me a cream that I need to apply to it every night for two weeks. "I know you know this," he looked at Keith but then to me, "don't scratch it no matter how much it itches, ok?" He told me and I nodded, it can't be that hard. "Oh and don't get it wet for at least a week so it sets in alright." I nodded again and off we went. "I'm not gonna charge for redhead since she went through with it."
"Cool." Keith smirked, gave Travis a quick handshake before we left.

We stopped in front of a carnival, "I don't have any money on me."
"who said anything about paying?" He smiled, he parked his motorcycle and we got off. He brought me to a small wood fence that he climbed over it.
"I'm not sneaking into a carnival."
"god you're lame!" He rolled his eyes and I groaned and hopped the short picket fence too.
"Now what? We can't get on any rides without tickets."
"You're wrong again Ms. Clery! Man, and your supposed to be the genius of our grade." He tsked and I threw up my hands like "wtf?"
We got to some of the rides, "I used to love roller coasters, I haven't been on one since I was 7." I smiled at the memory.
"Daddy, hold me!" I giggled as he wrapped a protective arm around me. Mom had died a year prior and this was before my dad's big down fall. "We!" I cheered as my dad laughed.
"Earth to Fire Crotch." A hand waved in front of my face.
"Hey, don't call me that." I warned but he ignored me as expected.
"C'mon, Red." He beckoned and I followed like a lost puppy to the back of roller coaster. He hopped over the rickety metal railing and I raised an eyebrow though I did follow him over. "How do plan on getting on the ride? Employees let you in."
"One guy takes your money, next guy gets you a seat. All we have to do is make sure he doesn't see us." He says with a wink.
"I don't know..." I said and bit my bottom lip.
"C'mon Red. What could it hurt?"
"My almost perfect record." I mumbled and he scoffed.
"Follow me..." He sighed and I did reluctantly. I followed him to the side of the roller coaster where I could barely hear myself over the screams of people. Keith gestured for me to follow him after a minute of looking around the corner. No one was really looking so we made our way over, acting as if we already paid to get in and were waiting for our seat. "Car 8," the employees told us boredly, not really caring. "That was easier than I expected." I said and he smirked at me.
"And to say you doubted me."
"Shut up." I said, forcing away a smile. The ride started and I was knocked backwards slightly, I pulled the safety bar backwards onto my lap and we started going up. A smile crossed my face, I haven't been this happy in a long time.
"I think you blew out my eardrum." Keith chuckled as we got off.
"Shut up, what next?" I asked, I felt like a five year old at Disneyland.
"Wanna do a game?"
"You mean play a game?" I corrected.
"God you're a dork." He groaned and I laughed. We got in line for a dart game. We waited until we were second in line or at least until Keith tapped on the shoulder of a man and a little girl in front of us. "Play along." He mouthed and I was confused until he started to talk.
"Yes?" The man asked,
"Hi, sir. Would you mind if we cut in front of you, my poor sister here needs to get back to the hospital in half an hour." He asked, sounding quite pathetic. He looked to me and I faked a coughing fit feeling like a horrible person. "Oh, of course. We can pay for your turn if you like?" He asked with a look of pity for me. I'm a horrible person.
"No, no. I couldn't ask you to do that." I said quietly.
"Please, it's only a buck for five darts, no big deal." He assured me and I felt insanely guilty.
"Thank you, kind sir." Keith said acting choked up. We stepped in front of them and the man handed the guy a dollar. Keith got three darts and I only got two. I got one popped balloon, Keith got all three. He handed me a bear the size of my whole arm and I took it. "Thanks." I said with a half smile. We left the little stand and I kicked him in the shin. "Ow!"
"That was awful, we tricked that poor guy!"
"And...? Your point?"
"You're horrible."
"You went along with it!"
"You... May have a point."
"I know." He said smugly and I kicked his shin again.
For the next few hours we were there, we snuck into rides and played some cheap games. We were on our way out, we luckily didn't have to hope another wobbly gate. We past by the ticket stand, "When did you two get here?" The ticket holder asked us.
"A few hours ago." I spoke up not feeling shy for once.
"I don't remember giving you two tickets." He eyed us.
"You probably see so many people in the week. It's easy to forget, don't worry we're not offended." Keith forgave with an understanding nod.
"Hm, well ok. Have a nice night you two." He said with a tip of his hat before we left. We got on his motorcycle after he did. I rolled my shoulder blade, "can I rip my arm off yet?" This got a light laugh but not much else, I was being serious, my arm was yearning to be scratched. The ride back to his apartment was silent, we had to pass by my house, my dad's car wasn't in the driveway. I ignored it as we passed it. After another 5 minutes we pulled up and parked in a space in the apartment parking lot.
We got off and went inside, I gave him a side hug. "What was that for?" He asked, looking down to me.
"Just a thanks for a nice day." I said with a slight smile.
"I know I'm amazing, your welcome for brightening your life."
"Way to ruin the moment." I joked as we got inside. It was quiet except for Lauren sleeping on the couch, clutching the remote to the TV that was the only thing lighting the room. "Should I wake her up?"
"Don't care. I'm going to bed." He said, before walking to his room and shutting the door. I sighed and stalked over to Lauren. I shook her shoulder gently. "Lauren, wake up." Her eyes opened slowly and lazily.
"I thought you might rather sleep in your bed than the couch." I told her and she nodded, getting up. We walked over to her room. "Dad told me to wait for you guys to get home. It's like midnight." She whined and I felt a little guilty.
"Sorry Lauren, I didn't know it was so late."
"What's on your arm?!" She said, more alert suddenly.
"Uh..."
"You got a tattoo? Oh my god, next I bet you snuck in somewhere!"
"Well..."
"Oh my god, he's corrupted you!" She said, shaking me, I winced slightly.
"Let go please, you're kind of hurting me." I said, crinkling my nose slightly.
"Sorry, Al. But please don't listen to him, you are such a good girl, don't go bad like Keith did."
"What? Keith's a girl?!" I exclaimed jokingly.
"Yep, I give up on humanity once again." She released me before shooing me from her room. I took a quick shower, keeping my tattooed arm out of the spray of the shower head. I put on the pajamas she gave me and tied my hair in a ponytail. "So, wanna go again tomorrow?" Keith asked though I couldn't tell if he was joking. I laughed lightly before closing my eyes and going to sleep.