Part 5

Spencer was pacing around the room. Wren has not stopped smiling at her since he walked in through the door and saw her pretty face.

" Wren what are you doing here" she asked trying to avoid eye contact. 

"OHHH MYYY ... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EYE??" Wren exclaimed. 

"it's a long story" she said as she pointed to the chair beside her. Wren sat down and watched her carefully as she spoke. He nodded his head showing her he understood. He got up and found a towel which he drowned in the water and used it as a cold compress on her eye. He pressed it slowly onto the area under her eye, Spencer grabbed his palm and reassured him she got it. He wouldn't let go for a second and stared into her brown eyes. Spencer could feel her temperature rising, her cheeks blushing, she carried on telling him what has happened. Wren occasionally making witty remarks and offering words of advice and dishing out inspirational quotes to do better. 

Wren was clearly shocked by everything that has happened. He felt terrible because although Spencer was hurt, he knew that maybe he had a chance, if not now then in the future and that was good enough for him, that's all he wanted. He expressed to Spencer how incredibly impressed he was  with the way Spencer is handling this whole thing. 
" thank you" Spencer finally says as he rested her head on his shoulder. 
"anytime, I could be wrong but you just wanted to talk to somebody and I was just there for you" Wren said not thinking much of the last 2 hours they have spent talking. 
"If i wanted to talk to somebody else but you i would of" Spencer argued. " but i didn't" she added. 

Wren hesitated and then finally said on his way out, " this might be inappropriate but i would love to take you out some day". Spencer could hardly resist his British accent, but she had to say no, she would love to go to dinner with Wren but she wants to do it the right way and rushing into things just isn't what she needs at this point, she would hate Wren feeling like a rebound, it's too soon. 

"i think it's too soon Wren.." Spencer said weakly. 

"no no, don't please it's my bad" Wren smacked his head wondering what he was thinking. Spencer grabbed the door handle as he walked out the door, Wren hasn't realized and grabbed the handle too, their hands touching. They immediately looked at each other and said nothing but their eyes said more than a million words.