TWO

LACEY

   It was spring break, finally. Maybe I would go to the beach a few times, go out of my comfort zone a little. My phone rang, and it was an unknown number. I answered it.

   "Lacey, baby, what's up?" Asked a familiar voice.

   "Um, hello?"

   "It's Jack."

   I grinned idiotically to myself, he actually called me. How did he get my number, though?

   "Oh, hey."

   "So, you, me, tonight."

   "W-why?" i said, my cheeks turning red from stuttering.

   "So I can show you how your spring break is supposed to be, duh," he explained.

   I mentally facepalmed myself for forgetting about our conversation at school. How could I? Jack Gilinsky asked me to hang out with him.

   "Uh alright, what time?"

   "Whenever i come, be ready."

   My face flickered to confusion, and the line went dead. I guess he might come anytime, so I better get ready now.

***

   When the time came, the doorbell rang, and I was waiting in my living room. My mom worked late, so she wouldn't care.

   I opened the door slowly, revealing Jack Gilinsky himself. He looked me up and down, was that a bad thing?

   I thought I looked nice. i was wearing a floral skater skirt, a white crop top, and a denim jacket. I decided dressing casual was my best bet.

   "You look nice."

   "T-thank you."

   He laughed at my stutter, and I smiled weakly. Taking my hand gently, he led me to his car. His hand felt nice, to be honest. Wait, what was I saying?

   Jack was dating Madison, I couldn't like him. She would ruin me.

   We got in the car, and I checked the time. It was around eight pm, where could he be taking me?

   He drove around for about five minutes before parking. When I got out, the parking lot was surrounded by a wooden fence. Past the fence was the beach. The waves crashed silently from where I was standing.

   "So what are we doing here?" I asked.

   "Theres a bonfire," he said, "it's gonna be fun, don't worry."

   I grinned to myself, a bonfire did sound fun. We walked along the beach. i had taken my flats off, so no sand would get in them.

   The sand felt nice and squishy between my toes, and a soft breeze blew in my hair. The night felt nice already, and it hadn't already begun yet. It felt even more nice with jack here. It felt right.

   We reached the bonfire. A medium sized fire sizzled and popped on the logs. Five or more people sat around it in the sand. We sat in an open spot, and marshmallows were passed around.

   We let the marshmallows melt, and when mine looked good, I ripped off the bad part, and chewed on it.

   "Does it taste good?" Jack asked.

   "Very much so," I answered.

   Soon after, someone started playing their guitar, and I hummed along with the tune. i laid my head on Jacks shoulder, and closed my eyes.

   This was a good start to spring break. I wish every night was like this. I knew Jack had more to come this spring break, and I thought it might not be so bad to spend it with him.

( )

chapter two: august 19, 2015
edited: june 15, 2017

an: do you like the book so far?

have any feedback, praise, or suggestions please comment or pm me!!!

happy updating (: