FIFTEEN

here is fifteen enjoy:

LACEY

My car parked in a spot in the county mall's parking lot, and i got out, locking the car afterwards.

Once I got inside, I headed for american eagle, then wet seal, and so on. I bought a few pairs of shorts, and a couple of crop tops and some summer shirts for the next season to come.

Once I have chosen my items for a couple stores i check out to pay, and walk over to Panda Express for some lunch, and gladly pay for something to eat.

Sitting in the food court alone and eating food makes me think less of myself. i had J-, I had someone, and now I have no one. At school I had no one to call my friend despite my fashion forward clothes, and clear appearance, but finding friends wasn't about that at my high school.

You had to say the right thing, or bring a healthy apple from home instead of buying one from the cafeteria. I didn't know which group I belonged in, and that just made me sift through the halls like a ghost unknown.

When I bumped into him, i thought maybe it was my chance to make a friend, but nothing goes right.

I throw my empty plastic plate in the trash, and start heading for the exit, having to go down many shops, stores, and kiosks. When I do reach the exit i can't help but let a tear slip thinking about everything until I see something.

A flyer on a pillar reading: spring lights at the Outfield, 6:30-8 on the 14th of April.

For anyone who lives by the mall or in my neighborhood, they would know what and where the Outfield is without much description. It was a place for ball games, and fun events, and in the springtime, the warm glow of lights despite the fact it wasn't winter.

It was best to go, because my mind was in swirls, and I couldn't stand to be dizzy anymore.

( )

chapter fifteen: december 11, 2015
edited: june 18, 2017