Chapter 1: Crimson, White and Black

Above is the picture of Carla Hovenmayer

but if you have suggestions, kindly comment it.

******************

3:20 PM.

Carla Hovenmayer checked her watch, she looked outside of the window, she knows that Ben was out there, probably dead or not, if he didn't follow Dr Woodroe's orders. Almost an our has passed since their helicopter landed on the Greenland's icy plain.

Time's up. She thought to herself.

She grabbed the snow boots on her side, and she took off her blue stilettos. She put on her black boots and zipped her jacket.

"Garret, give me the gun." her assistant and also the co pilot of the helicopter. Garret who was sitting on the front passenger seat. He grabbed a small black case below his seat and opened it, he pulled out a small handgun, he checked the magazine that holds 8 bullets. He then meticulously put it back in the case with the extra loaded magazine and closed it. He handed it to her red hair boss who's eyes still glued outside. He side-eyed her boss as she got the case and examined it. Carla's eyes were gray with a tint of blue if you look closer, her skin was pale white, her legs were long and spider like, and you can tell that she could be a model of vogue, but she chooses to be a smart assistant to a rich but now dead scientist. She was attractive as hell, but she holds to much power on her hand, and Garret's attraction to her boss is only admiration but never bordering on lust. And yes Garret knows that he is just an assistant to an assistant. But Carla is nothing but just an assistant to him, apparently, Dr. Woodroe, Her deceased boss, was also a businessman, and holds shares to a lot of pharmaceutical companies in the US and Europe, and some small business in Nebraska. And when Dr. Allen Woodroe died, he turned over everything to Ben Haigh, the guy who need to shoot himself in the head or already shot himself, and the guy doesn't even know how to run a company, and he just let Carla run the company. So now technically Carla owns the whole enterprise, and she even runs the whole business and go to business meeting and all that important stuffs, so she kinda owns it already even before Dr. Woodroe gave his whole money to Ben. And even if she was a woman, people respect her, she was uptight and straight forward. She close every deal that she attends to or needed, if she wants to extend Dr. Woodroe's vast billion dollar enterprise.

Garret never asked any questions about any decision or order of Miss Hovenmayer or even Ben, he follows his and her orders, not just because he was paid to do it, but because if he doesn't, he knows Carla can destroy him. And the day Garret got the position almost 3 months ago, he was already instructed to never ask any question, and if ever he did, he would be automatically fired. And also if he doesn't want to do it, he can just needs to walk away. And because Garret needs the job and also the money, he had not asked nor complained, he never even bother to ask why Ben would need to kill himself. He thought, that Miss Hovenmayer made him do it, or maybe Ben was a depressed and just wants to kill himself because of the virus, well at least that's what he've heard. It was totally absurd for Garret, but being just an assistant, he just pretended to be a dog and just follow orders and ignore every meaning or reason behind it.

He saw Miss Hovenmayer put on her boots, and readied herself. She sighed then opened the door of the helicopter. Her neon green snow coat, was the only color in the white field. Garret looked at Miss Hovenmayer as she attacked the cold winds of Greenland and walked the path that Ben took an hour ago. He watched her until he lost sight of the Green coat.

Cold winds blasted on Carla's face, she tried to cover it with her arms and the small case. She shivered from the frozen planet that she is right now, she need to find Ben before THEY found out where they are right now. She quickened her pace, but she knows that her legs, and body could not counter the heavy winds.