Chapter 4: Rage

Before we start.

I just want to introduce c\you to Benjamin "Benny"/"Ben" Haigh. Our protagonist/Antagonist, but nonetheless our Main character.

Armie hammer as Ben Haigh

******************************

I am tired.

Whats happening to my body?

Why this rage?

Why am i so angry?

I felt nothing, yet i react to everything that they do?

I only want to surrender.

But what i did out there, is murder. no massacre.

Help.

Me.

I jumped of the out of the truck, blood dripping from my head and the bullet marks from my body. It kind of hurt, but it subsides, whenever I get angry. I am naked within this ice fields surrounded by men, with fear in their eyes.

Men in black overalls and jackets, holding guns. My eyes had focused, on each one of them, some were trembling, some were ready to pull the trigger again. I was a threat to their existence. As it seems.

But I don't want to fight, I don't want to kill anymore, I am tired, my conscience is already eating me up. I want them to stop, or just probably kill me at this very moment. But the latter part did not work well. I need help and not violence. i want to raise my hands in surrender. Pull out a white flag, and end this madness. My madness.

I try to utter something, but my words, are slurred. It is funny that I can still hear myself from this freezing planet. I tried again. "Help..." i sighed. their heads cocked to the side. then they tried to look at each other, trying to find some answers to what i was saying.

"Help. ME!" i shouted the last as i tried to speak again. Then I heard a gunshot behind me. Everything was slow but my mind raced like a roadrunner, and it felt everything was in slow motion.

I tilted my head to the side, to dodge for the bullet that was behind me, but it was already at my sight. It went across my two eyes, and as i felt the the sense of safety from dodging the bullet, in a matter of seconds, the speed of the bullet went to its normal pace. Swift.

The shot went straight through the guy in front of me and collided to his left eye. His head jerked, and he fell down, blood draining out of the back of his head.

I looked back at the man who pulled the trigger, my eyes went red, my anger went to my body and motioned my muscles in my legs. i crouched and jumped over him, doing a backflip.

My feet landed on his shoulders, sending him down on his back. i heard him cry for help, as i just crushed his shoulders. then i raised my right leg, then swiftly brought it down to his head. i heard a crack, and felt his skull under my feet as it break like a glass, his eyes bulged out of his head as i trudge my feet down further, i felt the muddy texture. Brain. I thought. Blood spilled like wine on the ice, and blood now covering the sole of my foot. Then i saw one of them of the men raised his gun and rained me with bullets, some made it to my chest, but i quickly jumped, 25 feet high, then as i descended near his side, i grabbed the hem of his coat, then with enough force, I pulled and threw him to the cold river with one hand. Probably around 20 meters away.

The 3 men from my left, ran away with fear. There were only 3 men left one at my left and 2 on the back.

The guy on my left fell down to his ass, trembling and covering his face, he cried for mercy, covering his eyes. I saw the gun was already thrown away from his side. The fear that i inflicted because of this uncontrollable anger. I never meant to do this.

But is this who i am right now? i wished to have just stayed on the cold ice. The more i lived the more i kill. Fuck you Allen. Fuck you and your science. The irony of this situation had dawn to me. Allen never wanted this to be handed to THEM, yet he had gave it to me. The 'irresponsible' me. Because he doesn't want it to be used as an annihilation to human, yet here i am, killing and breaking skulls of this men. Pure chaos and massacre.

The two men at my back, stepped backwards, ran away also and went to one of the trucks, and hid there, afraid for their life.

I feel so empty, soulless...a monster. A cold blooded one. I am like those 4 legged white vermin of Doctor Allen. An experiment that had gone wrong again. I have never hurt anyone before, except defending those dork friends from the bullies when i was high school. i have never tried to kill anyone or anything but just Leon the frog that my lab partner and I had dissected on my biology class when i was still in my high school. And I even fear hurting animals how much now that it was a human being. i was defending myself from THEM. Yet I inflicted more than pain. Slaughter was the word, that could describe this commotion.

I walked aimlessly and went near to the river, i felt the need to go back to my original plan. I am naked and exhausted, my energy was already drained, i had just wished that the bullets that went on me pierced and killed me, but it didn't. I am here still breathing. Then, i saw a man, blood on his arms, he was weak, yet he tried his best to survive the cold and the rage that i had inflicted to this place. It seems he was trying to stand. he seemed familiar, he was not like the other men, who were wearing a full combat attire. he just wore a yellow jacket. then i remembered, they were the one that came with us when i arrived here in Kulusuk.

He stood up groggily, because of freezing temperature, his back at me. He then turn around, when he saw my face, his eyes bulged out, he stepped back further, with fear. then i felt my feet and legs ached. slowly my legs wobbled, and gave up. I fell on my knees, my shoulders slacked, my body already surrendering from exhaustion. Help me. i thought loudly, but that was just a thought. I need him to hear this. But i know he is more than weak right now. i am not sure how he can help me, if he himself can't even stand up straight.

"H...el...p" i uttered again, but i was all air from my mouth. my mind went blank, my body numbed, me eyes shut. the last thing i knew was the cold surface surrounding my body. The white field had turn dark, oblivion around me.