Separation - Kirstie MDM

(Age 7)

You never did very well without your mom. You always wanted her to be with you, help you with things, take you to and from school, etc. She was on tour currently and you were left at home with your father, Jeremy. It's not that you didn't love your father, you most certainly did, it just wasn't the same without your mom there. Everyday you would leave the school, hoping to find your mom there, but instead you lose your smile and find your dad standing outside of the car. You get in and then go home, retreating to your room to do your homework.

Jeremy gives you an hour and then comes in to help you if you need it and then check what you have done. Once he, finally, leaves, you lay down on your bed, and silently cry. You couldn't help but miss her, she's always been with you whenever you needed her. Usually, Jeremy wouldn't hear you because he was either working or making dinner, but today, he stayed close to your room and heard everything.

He knocked lightly on your door before coming in and seeing you red faced and glossy-eyed. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"I miss her, Daddy. A lot," you said, curling up in his lap.

"Well why don't we go downstairs and watch some videos? I bet that'll make you feel better," he said, putting you on his hip and carrying you to the living room. He put you on the couch and then ran back upstairs to get his laptop. While he was gone, the couch dipped and you immediately tensed up, not knowing who it was.

Then you heard, "Come on, baby, give me a hug!" Your head snapped over and saw your mom sitting right next to you!

"MOMMY!" You leaped over to her and started crying in her lap.

"Now why are you crying, love bug?"

"I really missed you, mommy. I hate not having you here. Daddy isn't the same. I know I can't make you stay but I hate it when you leave," you said, sniffling as you began to calm down.

"Well then I guess it's good that you're coming on tour with me!"

"What?" You looked up and saw her smiling and nodding. Just then Jeremy came downstairs and said, "Looks like you found mommy!"

"Wait, did you know, Daddy?" He nodded and said, "You weren't acting the same so I thought mommy could make you feel better." You hugged him and said, "Thank you so much, Daddy."

"You're welcome, princess," he said, kissing your hair. From that moment, you couldn't stop smiling and you began to pack your bags. Since your mom came home, you refused to be even a foot away from her. She was here and you didn't have to deal with the separation anymore. Life was perfect.

-_-_-_-

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to finally publish this book!! I'll be posting chapters probably once a week so I can keep writing more. I hope you guys love this book as much as I do!!

Morgan xx