Nightmares - Mitch DDM

(Age 3)

Mitch had adopted you a few months ago and you were very grateful. He had gotten you out of a very bad home situation. Both of your parents were alcoholics and they abused you, malnourished you, and said things to you that no three year old should ever have to hear. The adoption center had told Mitch about your nightmares and still he took you in. That was your tell tale sign of trust for almost anyone.

You were laying in bed, drifting off to sleep as another nightmare, unbeknownst to you, was beginning.

~dream~

"Are you ready for our game, little b*tch?" You just nodded at your old father, knowing there was no way out. He pulled out his belt and continued to cuss at you, giving you many a lash that you know would bruise you.

After about 15 minute, he gave up and left you alone, only leaving you to cry until your mother came down to the basement. You saw her and you just screamed, knowing that what would happen next is a lot worse than what your father could do.

~end of dream~

-Mitch's POV-

"NO! HEWP, PWEASE!" I heard Y/N yell from her bedroom. I ran in and picked her up, quickly trying to soothe her.

"Come on, Y/N. Wake up for me. You're okay, babes," I said, rocking her until I saw her eyes open. She just cried into my shirt, beginning to hiccup.

"Calm down, sweetheart. You're gonna make yourself sick. Breathe for me, okay? You're safe here and I love you so much." She calmed herself down but still quietly whimpered while she was holding onto me for dear life.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I know it's scary but you're here with me now and they can't hurt you. I would never, ever, ever let them hurt you. How about we go lay down in Daddy's bed?" I felt her nod against me and we laid down, her laying on my chest. This little girl deserves a safe childhood and I am gonna give it all to her.